yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of Northen Road Trip June 2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Northen Road Trip June 2010.

Hi guy’s here is a wee overview of my latest road trip.
    Was supposed to head for the Hebrides however, my truck was on axle stands awaiting some parts. So we were a day late getting and had to change plans as a result. Away set off Wed morning, great run up to Inverness where Annie and I spent the afternoon.
    Enough of cities for me so we head for Ullapool and arrived at 7pm.

We got a beautiful en suite room right on the shore, bedroom window looks right down the water.

We planned to meet the lads when then land off the Stornaway Ferry on Thursday tea time.

I am then heading back across land to Beauly to a cracking lodge we found for Thursdays night.

Day 2;

Well today we headed south a little to see corrieshalloch gorge, then the sun came out so decision time.

Head for Gairloch or further North, we turned and headed North. Past Ullapool again and on route to Sutherland. We got side tracked by the lure of a 12 mile single track road heading for Achilibuie and the ferry to the Summer Isle.

We found some lovely deserted beaches so spent an hour or two.

Summer isle out behind me somewhere, Picture taken in village of Achilibuie.

We turned north again and into Sutherland, the furthest north I have been on the west coast. The landscape up there has to be seen pictures do not do it justice.

20 feet into Sutherland and the landscape already becomes more rugged.

Some cracking views which the pictures don’t do justice.

Rush hour in Sutherland

Brian

We turned round just short of Scourie, much as I wanted to see Cape Wrath I also wanted to meet the others getting off the 4.30pm ferry from Stornaway to Ullapool.
    5pm met Angelo, Jeff and Fraser in Ullapool coffee and the a wee convoy over to Beauly were I am staying the night.
    Fraser and Harry are heading for home and should be back by midnight. Angelo and Jeff wanted to tackle the Pass of the Cattle on route to Applecross as they had never been.

Made a plan to meet up with them tomorrow in Fort William or Mallaig before heading to Sana beach on Sat.

I can, highly recommend Spring Lodge, this is where Annie and I stayed on Thursday night
    http://www.bedandbreakfastsguide.com...dge-34877.aspx

Just shy of 400 mile covered now and all of it in the sunshine. I have been following it around the country mind with the help of the interweb

Day 3;

Left Spring Lodge and head South West along the A82 down the side of Loch Ness

Top of Loch Ness

Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness

Bottom of Loch Ness

Commando Memorial

We stopped of at Spean Bridge and the monument to the fallen British Commandos
    As you can see from the plaques this area was the training ground for Commandos who fought in WW11.

They face looking out over the land the lads trained on.

We then headed into Fort William
    Some lunch and stock up on goodies, as we decided to head out onto Ardnamurchan and camp for the night.
    We took the long way round from Fort William and drove around 35 mile on single track.

Some nice shore line on the drive round

Resipole Campsite

We made the campsite around 6pm this where we met back up with Angelo, Jeff and Claire eventually lol. They had taken a wee detour onto Sky and back.
    Angelo and Jeff cooked some of their home land South African food, very nice it was to.
    Our digs were not so plush but the wine got opened and it soon felt fine.

View looking across the road from the tent. It was late in the evening and it was looking a little dull however, the rain stayed away and we sat around till about midnight.

Day 4;

Packing and heading of for the light house and the most westerly point on the UK mainland.

The Scallop Divers work well together, even on dry land.

More of Loch Sunnart and the scenery on the way out to Ardnamurchan point.

Ardnamurchan Lighthouse the most westerly point on UK mainland.

We clambered down the rocks below and got a west as possible.

Angelo has not quite got the parking bay thing worked out

Sana Beach

We then headed for Sana Beach and were not disappointed. The internet has been our friend on this trip as it allowed me to make the best of the sunshine. Again it was spot on as the sun held all day allowing us to see the beach at it’s best.

What a great way to end the trip. We then head for the Corran ferry which would cut out a good chunk of road miles and we said good bye to Jeff, Claire and Angelo at Ballachulish as they head for Oban and home, while Annie and I head down to through Glencoe for home. Annie and I covered a total of 703 miles we saw plenty of Sun and had a great 4 days. Won't be to long before we do it again.
    Last edited by yoshie; 13 June 2010, 17:37.
    Brian

Comment

Thanks for sharing that

In my youth I did a lot of touring on my bicycle .. London to Scotland and back being one of my ventures. Seems like a good idea to repeat it in the Surf .... shall go off and ask the missus ....

Comment

Nice pics mate, looks like a good time was had by all.

Have you & the misses ever concidered catalogue work because some of those poses are text book.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Looks stunning, glad you enjoyed it, thanks for sharing

peace
          cal
          Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Fantastic brian...really quite missing the place.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Looks like a lovely part of the country, stunning views
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks busy.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  Nice pics mate, looks like a good time was had by all.

Have you & the misses ever concidered catalogue work because some of those poses are text book.
                  Na fella we are both the wrong side of 40 for that. But we did no bad as the camera was balanced on a fence or the truck on a daft 10sec timer for all the shots of us both.

But it could of been worse, you could have been there to take the pics.
                  Brian

Comment

Did you forget where you placed the camera on this one?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...202010/110.jpg
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Na fella we are both the wrong side of 40 for that. But we did no bad as the camera was balanced on a fence or the truck on a daft 10sec timer for all the shots of us both.

But it could of been worse, you could have been there to take the pics.
                      Hey you did well to say you were just ballancing it at random.

I keep threatening to go back to scotland but never get round to it. I personally think it has some of the most breath taking views ive ever seen.

Must go back.
                      Must go back.

Comment

Hey you did well to say you were just ballancing it at random.

I keep threatening to go back to scotland but never get round to it. I personally think it has some of the most breath taking views ive ever seen.

Must go back.
                        Must go back.
                        Well we do at least one organised {sort of} road trip every year so have a look on SMC and tag along mate
                        Brian

Comment

I personally think it has some of the most breath taking views ive ever seen.
                          And it has me in it
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            And it has me in it
                            Well there has to be at least one down side to the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                              not much off roading went on though
                              It wasn't that type of trip Steve, that said; some of our classified, but single track roads, are in worse nick than your Green Lanes...
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X