X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camber angle?

Hi all
    I'm not sure if I have just done somthing very stupid or found a "problem"
    I have changed the lower ball jiont on the truck this morning and seeing as I bust my splitter last week I took the lower wish bone off complete with joint, and separated on the bench.
    I took carefull note of where the cams were sitting,and just took a glance at the passenger side and found the two completely different.
    Now question is should both sides be the same or is it fair that they could be different to counter wear in the bushes??
    As it is, I have set them both to the middle!

Thanks all

Mark

Originally posted by s car go View Post
    Hi all
    I'm not sure if I have just done somthing very stupid or found a "problem"
    I have changed the lower ball jiont on the truck this morning and seeing as I bust my splitter last week I took the lower wish bone off complete with joint, and separated on the bench.
    I took carefull note of where the cams were sitting,and just took a glance at the passenger side and found the two completely different.
    Now question is should both sides be the same or is it fair that they could be different to counter wear in the bushes??
    As it is, I have set them both to the middle!

Thanks all

Mark
    You should realy go and get it done properly or you will end up wearing out tyres like they are going out of fashion. popeye did a write up about doing it yourself also the Aussie tech site has a write up about it.
    Also the Camber on a surf should be negative, all chassis are different so putting them both in the middle will throw it all out, try putting a spirit level on your wheels to see where the bubble ends up to give you an idea how bad you have made it
    Last edited by evildwarf; 13 June 2010, 14:15.
    I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Thanks for that!

Yeh I know the real answear is to get it set up properly,and I will do so.
      So negative camber is preferable?

If thats the case one side is more upright than the other by a nats cock!
      I had checked with a level already,but for that to work properly she needs to be sitting on a perfectly level surface!

Comment

Yep, get it done properly.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

This may help http://www.yotatech.com/f128/drivewa...ite-up-163666/
          did mine meself after wearing out a pair and it's fine now, i just begrudge shelling out £150 plus for some scroat to shear off a bolt,
          but if you dont trust yourself it'll at least get it near enough to get you to the shop
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks Popeye

Exactly what I needed,and as I thought the settings should be the same left to right.
            I'll still get it done properly but at least till I get to the shop shes not scrubbing out the rubber! The truck actually handles better than any time since I've owned it.

Cheers!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
              Thanks Popeye

Exactly what I needed,and as I thought the settings should be the same left to right.
              I'll still get it done properly but at least till I get to the shop shes not scrubbing out the rubber! The truck actually handles better than any time since I've owned it.

Cheers!

Mark
              I found that, although i got the toe-in spot on my castor aint quite right, but the steering in much lighter, need to do some "tweeking" when i get the RSJ for the pit, so i can jack it up
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
              X