milner off road radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milner off road radiator

hi i hope someone can help i have joined this forum tonight mainly as i only just found it after doing some searching im doing a rad swap on a 3.0td surf tomorrow as im fed up with soldering the header tank up on the thing!! my problem is i was just reading through some threads and i see people are not too happy with the radiators they have bought from milner are they really that bad as now im worried ive bought from the wrong place although all the threads ive seen about this have been older so im hoping it was just a bad batch they had maybe? please help
    also is red coolant ok to put back in or is this for cars after 1998?
    many thanks john

Welcome to the forum!

People have had mixed results with the Milner rads in the past but I haven't heard anything bad recently.

Red is fine as long as it's all red and you don't mix it so flush it out first if there is any doubt. Green and blue can be mixed but definately not red.

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Also, while you're fumbling around the site and finding out how things work you should fill in some of your vehicle details so people know what you have and can more easily answer questions in future (it'll appear under you avatar to the left like mine).

Thanks,

Ray.

Comment

the milners heads are crap quality compared to the roughtrax rads.Pay that little more for decent quality and reputation
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          the milners heads are crap quality compared to the roughtrax rads.Pay that little more for decent quality and reputation
          Well, there you have it. You'll get to know some names on the forum quickly, Stormforce is one you should pay attention to! (I have and subsequently my truck is on the road rather than in the scrapper!)

Thanks,

Ray.

Comment

That may be so Rich, but a head wont hold much water if you try to use it as a rad.

I had an eBay one (identical to the Milners ones) and it lasted a year or so before developing a slight weep from the top tank, but stayed on the truck for 3 years getting no worse until I got the OEM one off you.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I was wondering what a head had to do with a rad, radiohead. H

Comment

Working...
              X