Importing a Surf into EG countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a Surf into EG countries

I'm trying to get a Surf imported from Pakistan into the Netherlands.

The car is a 1991-er and was imported as a Surf in 2000 from Japan into Pakistan by a diplomat.
    I'm still in negotiation with the present owner.
    It's a 2.4 TD (L2 engine type).

The car is now in storage and also needs customs clearance (no problems expected there).

However, to arrange a licence for the Netherlands, I need a "type approval".
    But it's hard to get. In Holland we don't know the Surf as a regular imported car.
    We only had the 4-Runner from 1990-1993.

In the UK (also EG) a lot of Surf's were imported (regarding your website), who can help me out?

Originally posted by robkol
    I'm trying to get a Surf imported from Pakistan into the Netherlands.

The car is a 1991-er and was imported as a Surf in 2000 from Japan into Pakistan by a diplomat.
    I'm still in negotiation with the present owner.
    It's a 2.4 TD (L2 engine type).

The car is now in storage and also needs customs clearance (no problems expected there).

However, to arrange a licence for the Netherlands, I need a "type approval".
    But it's hard to get. In Holland we don't know the Surf as a regular imported car.
    We only had the 4-Runner from 1990-1993.

In the UK (also EG) a lot of Surf's were imported (regarding your website), who can help me out?
    we have an SVA (single vehicle approval) test which is the alternate to the type approval for mass produced cars.
    i would imagine that your ministry of transport would have details on this however some countries don't like this system (france i think) doesn't alow a test for kit cars
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
    X