Rear window motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window motor

Replaced the rear window winding motor yesterday with one from a Toyota MR2 (driver's side). £20 from fleabay. Not a bad price really.

Fitting it was fairly straightforward, despite the best efforts of the previous monkey who worked on the tailgate of my Surf.

Bolts had been snapped off, some of the wiring was a bit of a mess and (I think) the wrong motor was on it cos it was a pain to shufty the mechanism around to get it out of the tailgate.

A bit of swearing and a couple of hours or so later the new motor was on and I'd tidied it up. The rear window is now working a whole lot better than it used to do.

Reassembling it was a bit of a pain in terms of trying to get the door opening mechanism working properly. I'm not sure what I did but it just wouldn't quite fit together properly. Then all of a sudden it was working, so that was that and I tightened up all the bolts & screws & stuff.

Not so long ago I wouldn't have dared attempt anything like that but I seem to be gaining a bit of confidence on doing stuff on the Surf. It's actually quite nice to work on & a lot easier than the motorbikes I used to work on years ago.
Working...
X