Insurance and mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance and mods

Now that i've got 33's and all the mods necessary to run them, i expect my premium will be going up when i ring the insurance company.

Anyone know roughly what a 'fair' increase in premium should be in going from standard surf to: 2inch sus lift, 2 inch body lift, longer brakelines, no rear ARB and 33 inch M/T's?
    I just wanna get a rough idea so i know if they're trying to take the pi$.

Try Noel Dazely a broker they did my 2nd gen ssrg for £195 all in and off-road cover with low excess
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Thanks, i'm already insured but only just finished the mods. I need to declare them now. I just wanna know if they're likely to start chin rubbing and trying to sting me for silly money.

Comment

i shouldn't think your premium should go up.I have just changed insurance companies and any mods i do to the truck i just got to inform them of them and they will be covered new for old.
        Make sure any mods declared are covered new for old as Lifesure don't cover but want to know of the mods done
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

if the price go's up to much give sky ins a call my surf was off the road for a bit and when i went to swop back they {asda ins robbers } wanted £ 135 more with no mods declared and sky beat the on the old price by 55 quid .full comp with all mods declared
          S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

No such thing as fair increase!

Even though I don't acrue no claims due to the type of policy I have I was able to go from £470 last year as standard vehicle to £380 this year fully modded after all the mods required to do the same as you plus lights, roof rack and other bits + european relay & breakdown and legal cover.

If you pick the right insurance company and know how to haggle then you'll do well!

I use Sureterm Direct but other recently have mentioned Adrain Flux (with mixed results) NFU and a few others. Best thing is to phone around and use the best quote against the next company you phone and then keep going until you can't get any lower.

I was going to have to pay the same this year as last year but when I told Sureterm that Adrian Flux were doing the modded policy for £40 less they went mental and just dropped the price down to £345 and then I added the extras to cover me for my (still in planning stages) European trip.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Ray.
            Last edited by lord_flashart; 9 June 2010, 23:15.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Good luck I went from £200 fully comp pre mods then up to nearly £500 withmods with Adrian Flux.

*cough!* Spring compressors *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                Good luck I went from £200 fully comp pre mods then up to nearly £500 withmods with Adrian Flux.

*cough!* Spring compressors *cough*
                Like I said, people have reported mixed results with Adrian Flux so probably best to start there, shop around and then go back and see what they say?
                I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

lol, I fitted a 4" suspension lift, 1 1/2" body lift, winch bumper, 33" tyres ARB's and A-plan thanks for telling us, that will be no extra.

Ta.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

*cough!* Spring compressors *cough*[/QUOTE]

*wheeze* *splutter* *HOCK* *HOCCCK* *spit*

Haha yeah, i almost forgot about them Paul.... I'm done with them now, would you believe? I'll get them off to you mate. Same address as about 18 months ago?
                    I was gonna ask, have you done much laning since 4WD Club thing we went on? If you know of any locations and wanna go again sometimme, give us a shout as i'm keen as mustard to try out this truck again.

Comment

Working...
                    X