A/T or M/T tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/T or M/T tyres?

I'm undecided to go for mud terrain or all terrain tyres. I think my usage would be more suited to all terrain like I currently have. I am after 33 x 1250 x 15" BF Goodrich.

Can anyone see any problem with this size and all-terrains ? (I'm doing a lift to suit)

Cheers
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

The muds have a much more agressive outer and inner edge so I think either more lift and/or more massaging of body work seams is required with those.

Running 4" lift (2" suspension and 2" body) on an LN130 is not enough (on mine at least) to run 33x12.5x15 on 15x10 -32 offset wheels without serious bodywork rubbing even after mud flap, arch liner removal, bumper valance trimming and seam bashing!

It may be different with yours but I can't see how?

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Cheers Ray,
      I'll be doing the 2" body, plus the ball joint spacers and will adjust the tortion bar a small amount if necessary. I will be removing the end of the bumper trim also as the 31"'s I have now sometimes touch depending on of that corner is compressed (i.e. on a bump / going over a bump and turning)

Where abouts do yours rub? Popeye has some large offset wheels and lift with 33"'s

I'm lifting the rear with landcruiser springs.

Does anyone have any photos of mud terrains and all terrains?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Good A/T's ie BFG or similar will be a better day to day choice than M/T's unless you want to go mad offroad every weekend.

Linda's truck has always had BFG A/T's 31's then 33's and never regretted them when offroading, and they have about 30k miles on them now, which you won't get on most M/T's.

If its a daily driver, or needs to do lots of road miles, get A/T's, if its a weekend toy M/T's will be OK. Alot depends on the quality of the tyres, after a year and some miles on them.

oh, A/T's tend to have a flatter wider tread pattern, normal M/Ts will be more rounded at the edges.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony. Think you have just changed my mind to go for A/Ts instead of the M/Ts like I was going to. I have BFG A/Ts now and they are pretty good. Although very difficult to get hold of just now as apparently they no longer conform to noise regulations!
          I will do some pay and play, but mainly road use.

Thanks,
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            Good A/T's ie BFG or similar will be a better day to day choice than M/T's unless you want to go mad offroad every weekend.

Linda's truck has always had BFG A/T's 31's then 33's and never regretted them when offroading, and they have about 30k miles on them now, which you won't get on most M/T's.

If its a daily driver, or needs to do lots of road miles, get A/T's, if its a weekend toy M/T's will be OK. Alot depends on the quality of the tyres, after a year and some miles on them.

oh, A/T's tend to have a flatter wider tread pattern, normal M/Ts will be more rounded at the edges.
            Thanks for the help over the phone the other day, much apreciated!!!! Will sort you out at Avalanche?
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

As Yoshie would say once they are full of Mud they are all SLICK'S
              I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
                As Yoshie would say once they are full of Mud they are all SLICK'S
                True!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                X