Back in the day Baby

absolutely blo0dy brilliant nice one
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Absolutely Priceless ! nice find !
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Brilliant! post it on Yotatec

jokeing aside i'd find it bl00dy funny if it wern't so serious, soddin multi billion pound company trying to block up the hole with tyres and mud FFS,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
          No it's not.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            soddin multi billion pound company trying to block up the hole with tyres and mud FFS,
            Several multi billion pound companies are involved with this leak, BP just happens to be the biggest (company and stakeholder) and the only one with the resources to help. Blocking wells with mud, tyres, golf balls and rope (amongst many many other things) is industry standard practice.

Comment

Guys' I do hope they crack the problem...

I know nothing about oil exploration / extraction.

But referring back to a previous post, if they were trying to save money using a cheaper technique or equipment then they should be held accountable.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

But referring back to a previous post, if they were trying to save money using a cheaper technique or equipment then they should be held accountable.
                What cheaper equipment or techniques do you think they utilised?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  What cheaper equipment or techniques do you think they utilised?
                  With reference to this article in The Times

The Times

"The explosion on the Deepwater Horizon rig that precipitated the vast Gulf of Mexico oil spill came after the well was capped with a relatively cheap type of casing, BP papers have revealed.

The decision to use the riskier method to finish its Macondo well was taken partly on cost grounds, according to the document"

"News of the decision emerged as Douglas H. Brown, chief mechanic on the Deepwater Horizon rig, testified yesterday that a disagreement took place on the rig between one of the six BP engineers overseeing the operation and employees of Transocean, the owner of the rig, just a few hours before the blast took place."

As I have said I hope they crack it, and it would be good to see BP come away with a reputation for fixing the impossible...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

With reference to this article in The Times

The Times

"The explosion on the Deepwater Horizon rig that precipitated the vast Gulf of Mexico oil spill came after the well was capped with a relatively cheap type of casing, BP papers have revealed.

The decision to use the riskier method to finish its Macondo well was taken partly on cost grounds, according to the document"

"News of the decision emerged as Douglas H. Brown, chief mechanic on the Deepwater Horizon rig, testified yesterday that a disagreement took place on the rig between one of the six BP engineers overseeing the operation and employees of Transocean, the owner of the rig, just a few hours before the blast took place."

As I have said I hope they crack it, and it would be good to see BP come away with a reputation for fixing the impossible...
                    I'd personally take that accusation with a pinch of salt. These stacks are very complicated and very expensive pieces of kit, there is no 'cheap' option. Until the full story is published, the article above is conjecture. They may not have used the most expensive stack because they may all have been in use elsewhere?

Comment

Well ... I guess the full story will come out, I have no doubt these are complicated procedures and perhaps there's more to this incident.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

BP didn't adopt that logo until 2000 (pushes glasses up nose and looks smug).

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          BP didn't adopt that logo until 2000 (pushes glasses up nose and looks smug).
                          July iirc?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...47&postcount=5

Comment

check out this link for some insite to whats the plan is. I believe some of the caps have now been fitted. http://bp.concerts.com/gom/kentwells...long053110.htm

You've got to remember that this stuff is happening in really deep water, the pressures involved are just mental!! Drilling and completions really are a fine art.

Also as mentioned there is lots of companies involved, same as in the Shell Brent Spar PR disaster, but its always the biggest cheese that gets all the blame!!
                            Last edited by cabbage; 7 June 2010, 22:03. Reason: actual meaningfull subject matter added

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              yrc

Comment

Working...
                              X