body lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift kit

ok can any one tell me how tall the spacers/block should be in a 2" body lift kit .just got the kit from ebay and the blocks mesure 1 3/4 ins .dont seem right to me

Sounds like a 1"3/4 lift kit to me. Send it back. and ask him for the 2" blocks.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

i always thought 2" meant 2".It's not hard to cut the blocks at 2".I would ask them why they come out at 1.75" and not the 2" like stated in the ad.Check all the blocks Steve incase they are all different
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        i always thought 2" meant 2".It's not hard to cut the blocks at 2".I would ask them why they come out at 1.75" and not the 2" like stated in the ad.Check all the blocks Steve incase they are all different
        Thing is Rich for every 7 blocks he cuts at 1.75" he gets the 8th one free, probably why the kit was so cheap to start with.

Steve, check the bolts are all strong enough to cope as well, I believe the heads should be stamped 8.8 at least, but I stand to be corrected.

Comment

8.8 is standard high tensile and are what you need, 10.9 or 12.9 are overkill but standard 4.4 or 4.6 is not enough.

Thanks,

Ray.
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I thought those kits looked a bit too good to be true.

I mean, £1 for a kit and then £44 postage! D'oh! When I asked him how much I could have the kit for without postage (a friend of mine could pick it up for me given that they work nearby) he got a bit defensive saying that the kit was £45 including postage. Why did he not want a customer on his door, paying cash & avoid eBay/PayPal fees completely...?

I think when it comes to it I'll get the Xpajun ones. It just ain't worth saving a few quid for something like that.

Comment

###### hell guys!

Before eBay, a 2" lift kit was costing £70 odd plus p&p! Are you really gonna p1ss about for 1/4"??

If the bolts are OK, and you dont think 6mm will make a difference, it will be fine. If you DO care, send it back, buy a length of 50mm nylon bar for the bargain price of £20 odd, machine it into 2" blocks, drill it out, buy yourself some HT bolts and get on with it. By the way, you might need access to a lathe to machine the blocks flat and drill them M12, but hey, that will only cost you a grand at minimum. Cheap for a set of lift blocks.

I have a lathe in my shed, and I wouldn't be arsed making a lift kit for what he's charging! Not worth my time.

He's making maybe a fiver on that kit! I see where Mark (Stein) is coming from. Someone has to stand there making that stuff for a few hours. You lot want the stuff for nowt.
              Last edited by Apache; 4 June 2010, 00:54.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                ###### hell guys!

Before eBay, a 2" lift kit was costing £70 odd plus p&p! Are you really gonna p1ss about for 1/4"??

If the bolts are OK, and you dont think 6mm will make a difference, it will be fine. If you DO care, send it back, buy a length of 50mm nylon bar for the bargain price of £20 odd, machine it into 2" blocks, drill it out, buy yourself some HT bolts and get on with it. By the way, you might need access to a lathe to machine the blocks flat and drill them M12, but hey, that will only cost you a grand at minimum. Cheap for a set of lift blocks.

I have a lathe in my shed, and I wouldn't be arsed making a lift kit for what he's charging! Not worth my time.

He's making maybe a fiver on that kit! I see where Mark (Stein) is coming from. Someone has to stand there making that stuff for a few hours. You lot want the stuff for nowt.
                WELL SAID ANDY.our kits may not be cheap £150 including p&p and vat, but at least you get the full 2" lift,and all the bumper brackets and correct hardware.plus if any thing is wrong we will exchange or give you your money back no questions asked.its not really a case of expensive materials but more of a case of (like andy said i have to stand there for a couple of hours machining the faces,drilling the holes and polishing the outer block,at the end of the day you get what you pay for,if you want cheap rubbish then dont moan about the quality of the kit.all our kits are made from top quality materials.and your also safe in the knowledge that the kit is complete and you dont have to go out and buy extras.we are a buisness and have a reputation to uphold,not like some #### trying to make a quick buck from his shed.i wonder if the tax man knows what hes doing.
                Last edited by surfenstein; 4 June 2010, 07:52.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

at the end of the day i would sooner pay more for something that is known to be good and the seller has a good reputation for the parts then buying cheap crap which is not up to standard.
                  It's like having a carpenter coming in to do some work and he fits a skirting board and it's 1/4" short and he says thats ok i'll just fill it with a bit of wood.If you want a good job then you pay for a decent job and nothing less
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                    WELL SAID ANDY.our kits may not be cheap £150 including p&p and vat, but at least you get the full 2" lift,and all the bumper brackets and correct hardware.plus if any thing is wrong we will exchange or give you your money back no questions asked.its not really a case of expensive materials but more of a case of (like andy said i have to stand there for a couple of hours machining the faces,drilling the holes and polishing the outer block,at the end of the day you get what you pay for,if you want cheap rubbish then dont moan about the quality of the kit.all our kits are made from top quality materials.and your also safe in the knowledge that the kit is complete and you dont have to go out and buy extras.we are a buisness and have a reputation to uphold,not like some #### trying to make a quick buck from his shed.i wonder if the tax man knows what hes doing.
                    How much to fit them?! lol

Seriously though - when money isn't so tight in a few months time you may well have found yourself a customer...

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    at the end of the day i would sooner pay more for something that is known to be good and the seller has a good reputation for the parts then buying cheap crap which is not up to standard.
                    It's like having a carpenter coming in to do some work and he fits a skirting board and it's 1/4" short and he says thats ok i'll just fill it with a bit of wood.If you want a good job then you pay for a decent job and nothing less
                    I'm with you on that one Rich, I might be tight for cash at the mo but if a job is worth doing it's worth doing well. (Don't look too closely at the 99p fleabay tinted film I've just put on my windows! It's only a bit cosmetically naff but seems practical enough!)

The glow plugs I took off my Surf today were in a pretty dreadful looking state. As far as I could tell they were "unbranded". The bits that handn't melted looked pretty burnt. Not sure how bad they are compared to other old glow plugs but it's no wonder the truck was a bit of a pig to start in a morning. Replaced with NGK ones from Roughtrax. I could probably have got cheaper ones from somewhere but I like dealing with Roughtrax cos I've had good dealings with them over the last year or so and I know I'll get decent quality products from them.

I think that just goes to prove your point really.
                    Last edited by Rustinho; 5 June 2010, 00:12.

Comment

hold on FFS calm down .growler made me bumper brackets and rad brackets FOR A 2" KIT unlike all you experts on here i haven't done a body lift before .so rather than scrap the brackets than andy made me and make new ones i asked if the seller would replace them with 2" blocks he being what seems like a great bloke said yes and he would refund the p+p as well cant get better than that .so all calm down 1/4 ins didn't bother me and at the price you couldn't complain ,but the kit was advertised as a 2" kit .if it had been advertised as about 2" or somewhere between 1 1/2 to 2" then i would of waited until the kit arrived before getting the brackets .

Comment

i thought this site had chilled out but it seems to be slipping into its old ways very quickly or perhaps its just some members that had left and then come back again

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                          i thought this site had chilled out but it seems to be slipping into its old ways very quickly or perhaps its just some members that had left and then come back again
                          Now don't you go upsetting the 'Untouchables' you may get banned or even worse...........
                          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                            its just some members that had left and then come back again
                            I blame you, Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                              Now don't you go upsetting the 'Untouchables' you may get banned or even worse...........
                              there's no such thing as an untouchable .

Comment

Working...
                              X