Squealing AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squealing AC

Can anyone help?, now that the gooood weather is here and am now cranking up the A.C. can anyone tell me how to stop the belt (I assume!)
    from squealing real loud?, I know about using talc and also getting it wet but is there an easier and more permanent solution? cheeers

Originally posted by marticogo
    Can anyone help?, now that the gooood weather is here and am now cranking up the A.C. can anyone tell me how to stop the belt (I assume!)
    from squealing real loud?, I know about using talc and also getting it wet but is there an easier and more permanent solution? cheeers
    Have you checked the belt tension? Is the belt badly worn and shiney on the inside from slipping and in need of replacing?
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Will check tonight, Is it easy to get at ? Have to wait for missus to return
      with beast

Comment

The small pulley to the right of the a/c pulley has a 13 mm nut on the bracket behind it facing up the way, and sloping to the left. If you look under the bracket you will find there is a long screw behind it which goes through a pin on the back of the pulley. Put a bit of WD40 or similar on the threads, and then turn the nut clockwise, this will take any slack out of your belt and end the squealing, hopefully. It certainly cured mine which had the same problem.

John
        http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

I put all new belts on mine last year and did not expect any problems. After the last off road trip tha air con and power steering belts started squeeling. My mechanic neighbour suggested a squirt of spray grease, after I had spent ages with the hose trying to get the chalk dust off but, hey, it worked!

I was dubious at first. How can something slippery stop something from slipping?
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X