No announcement yet.

New User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not entirely sure about North Africa, but certainly none around europe. The only places I've needed them in the past (taking in / bringing out military kit, which is probably more of an issue anyway) have been USA and Australia.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hello joova.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Replace your rear wheel bearings before you go - they are difficult, if not impossible to change 'on the road' as it were, and can be a 'game over' scenario - trust me, been there, would have bought the T-shirt if it happened somewhere they sold T-shirts. Take a spare fronts - they are easier but are just as terminal if they break. Take a spare back too, you will probably be able to get to a garage on one thats giving up but if they're fresh they should be fine.

I am probably going to do some more overland some time, but have been considering taking a slightly different approach. We've been talking about buying a very cheap 2nd gen, servicing it (all fluids, cleaning rad etc) and making sure the basics all work, then if it breaks 'out there' somewhere, we give it to a local and get a cheap flight home.

Thanks for the advice, will add it to the list of replacements to be done in due time. Understand from the posts about the rear wheel bearings that it's quite a task, so will have to find a friendly garage nearby...

What overland routes have you done/are you thinking of?

Cheers
        J

Comment

Not really that far but went to Italy and about to do it again
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Hi ya, I'm still pretty new on here too but was certainly given an extremely warm welcome! They are all a lovely bunch & very helpful when needed.

Also envious of your planned trip! I'm new to the surf scene & am gonna break myself in gently by going to the Avalanche weekend. They've promised to be gentle with me. Ha ha ha right!!....

I've been away for awhile but now back with a vengence!
            It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
              Hi ya, I'm still pretty new on here too but was certainly given an extremely warm welcome! They are all a lovely bunch & very helpful when needed.

Also envious of your planned trip! I'm new to the surf scene & am gonna break myself in gently by going to the Avalanche weekend. They've promised to be gentle with me. Ha ha ha right!!....

I've been away for awhile but now back with a vengence!
              I wuz wondering what had happened to you!

Comment

Oh, alsorts!! Been having trouble with the other half. Now sorted, he's gone.

Also been busy helping a friend paint the underside of her narrow boat & catching up with long lost relatives! No rest for the wicked!

I'm now a paid up member so I can actually put a different avatar up, at last!!

Happy days!

Comment

Also been busy helping a friend paint the underside of her narrow boat & catching up with long lost relatives! No rest for the wicked!

Happy days!
                  I joined the "blue star" club while you were away too. Cheaper than a Haynes manual and a hell of a lot more useful!

Still no stickers though...

Comment

Aha, I got a haynes manual already, two infact. One was free. The silly people sent me the wrong one!

You mean there are stickers available??? What, where, why & how?????

Comment

Happy days!
                      Is that you on the avatar?

Comment

Aha, I got a haynes manual already, two infact. One was free. The silly people sent me the wrong one!

You mean there are stickers available??? What, where, why & how?????
                        You get a forum sticker to put on the window of your Surf when you first join up if you make sure that you give Koi (I think) your address.

I think there has been supply issues due to family circumstances on the part of the sticker supplier so there is a bit of a queue of people waiting for their stickers at the mo... I think that was the case anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                          Is that you on the avatar?
                          Yeeeeeessssssss. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                            You get a forum sticker to put on the window of your Surf when you first join up if you make sure that you give Koi (I think) your address.

I think there has been supply issues due to family circumstances on the part of the sticker supplier so there is a bit of a queue of people waiting for their stickers at the mo... I think that was the case anyway.
                            Aha, I shall have to make sure I put my order in with him then & he can send me one when he gets the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post

I got stickers, t shirt, hat, seat covers, mug, pen, pencil, tax disc holder & a £10 roughtrax voucher when i joined.

Comment

Yeeeeeessssssss. Why?
                                Only asking, don't worry im gay remember.

Oh & you look pi$$ed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X