yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..and the Surf on the M6 hard shoulder was....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..and the Surf on the M6 hard shoulder was....

me!
    If you saw a poorly Surf sitting on the M6 hard shoulder on Friday night (southbound between jcts 2 and 1) then that was me - I saw at least 2 Surf's go by, so in case you're wondering who it was....

She'd overheated at the beginning of the week whilst stuck in traffic for ages, but only just made it into the red. Water and oil were both topped up after that and another 400miles of to and fro work journey's completed OK. Then on Friday had driven all the way from Wrexham to Corley services, no problem. Had a short break, started her up and thought "oo, that's a bit smokey?", but being mechanically mentally retarded decided to carry on as nothing else seemed amiss. Made it as far as a few miles down the road (about the length of time required to eat 2 sandwiches!) and the needle went from normal to trying to escape out of the hot end within seconds. Mr AA man (a very nice man) played around and reckons it's only the head gasket and not the head hopefully and arranged for a flatbed all the way back to Herts.

Luckily, she was going into the mechanic's for a new door this week anyway, so he's going to price up replacing the gasket, but unfortunately won't have time to do it this week, so looks like I'll be without my baby for a few weeks now (bit of a bugger when it's my only car!).

hmmm... anyone got an old banger for sale that'd be cheaper than a hire car!

Geoff.

sorry to hear about your problem, hope you dont have to dig to deep to get it sorted best of luck with it
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Very sorry to read that post Geoff. Good luck with the mechanics, lets hope the AA nice man is right.

Did see a short wheelbase frontera at the side of the road for sale yesterday for less than a grand, will check if its still there when taking the brood to school.

Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

GEOFF the head gasket never seems to go, its usually the head sorry to dampen things but the head is more than likely to have gone
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Just had a chat with mech, gonna be about £400 if it's just the gasket and if there's no obvious damage he's going to send the head away for testing for me whilst it's stripped down, so fingers crossed!
          Not likely to be this week though as he's really busy already, so looks like I've got a while of wondering to go yet! maybe I'll wander over to eBay and autotrader and look for a small, cheap runaround that can be converted into a toy once the Surf is back.....

Geoff.

Comment

have you phoned STEVO as he is in stockport & he is our SURF Mechanic
            he will give you a good price
            Last edited by marky; 21 June 2004, 17:21.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Smeg
              Just had a chat with mech, gonna be about £400 if it's just the gasket and if there's no obvious damage he's going to send the head away for testing for me whilst it's stripped down, so fingers crossed!
              Not likely to be this week though as he's really busy already, so looks like I've got a while of wondering to go yet! maybe I'll wander over to eBay and autotrader and look for a small, cheap runaround that can be converted into a toy once the Surf is back.....

Geoff.
              Lots of SJ Suzukis on eBay for between £100 and £500. Good ruanaround and loads of off road fun when the Surf is fit again. Only a suggestion!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Been looking at those! Went down to the basement earlier to see what the scary people have to say about them...

... scary because I could have sworn one of them kept muttering "my precious" whilst leafing through a copy of caravan owner international....

Comment

Working...
                X