Cheap rear end lift!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap rear end lift!!!!

I was being tailgated by a little knobber in one of those rice rockets with a stupid great rear wing and a paintcan size exhaust pipe.
    I tapped the brakes a few times to give him a hint but no he was too stupid to see what was going to happen next.
    "honestly officer a cat ran out in front of me so I braked hard"
    Surf nose dives backend lifts and one Nissan wedged almost up to the rear axle.

My rear wheels were almost off the ground.

Tow truck comes along and said he did not have enough reach to lift mine off, and I told the genedarme that my jack would not lift high enough to lift the Surf either.
    So.......... I put it in 4 lo and drive forwards
    Result:

His bonnet was well and truly knackered as my tow bar had impaled itself in it and crushed most of the top gear of his engine to boot!!!

His is a write off and the damage to mine is some red paint on my tow bar ( boo hoo hoo !!! ) and a small scuff on my underslung spare.

Got told by the copper to be a bit less vigorous with my braking next time and he gave the little twizzer a couple of tickets too.
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Very good, don't you just love it when a plan comes together
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Nice one Centurion !
      Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I like that.

Neville

Comment

Might have to give that a try myself! :-)

Comment

Wish I was so lucky, a vectra drove in the back of my surf on friday night while I was sat at red lights, dented and knocked out of line my bumper but other than paint scratches his front appeared to have popped out again without damage. His better be messed up underneath as it he hit really hard.

Comment

Working...
            X