Jobs Done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs Done!!

I spent this afternoon getting all the work done on me surf,changed rear coils to uprated ones,new pads and discs,oil change and all filters and new belts!
    What I have learned today; This site and the ozzy site are brilliant for info,the japs think of everything(drip tray under oil filter!!)RAC trolley jacks are shite and clutch and brake cleaner is good for cleaning oil drips off your driveway!!
    And finally, can anyone remember who was in need of pads and discs 2 weeks ago and there are rear springs to go as well
    Oh and p.s there are 4 axle stands, two 6 ton and 2 wee ones if anyone wants to borrow them
    Last edited by noobysurfer; 30 May 2010, 21:04.

You did something useful for a change then!

Where's the Pic's??
    I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Yeah and managed to stay calm and non destructive which was nice! No pics,camera has seen better days and doesn't like being sat upon!

Comment

Do you mean in your post that you are giving away the old discs and pads?

Bin them, they shouldn't be put on another truck if they are worn.

Well done on doing the work yourself.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          Do you mean in your post that you are giving away the old discs and pads?

Bin them, they shouldn't be put on another truck if they are worn.

Well done on doing the work yourself.
          There was someone on here that basically hasn't got a pot to #### in, and was after pads n discs,The ones i took off have about 6mm of life on them and the discs are slightly and i mean slightly warped,I just thought it would get a surfer out of a hole for a while thats all. I understand that second hand braking stuff is well dodgy and would not give them away if I was not prepared to put them back on my own surf which i would be.

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
            There was someone on here that basically hasn't got a pot to #### in, and was after pads n discs,The ones i took off have about 6mm of life on them and the discs are slightly and i mean slightly warped,I just thought it would get a surfer out of a hole for a while thats all. I understand that second hand braking stuff is well dodgy and would not give them away if I was not prepared to put them back on my own surf which i would be.
            I think you mean this THREAD

Fortunately he is now sorted as per this THREAD

A prime example of why you should never risk buyin 2nd hand brake parts, especially disc's and pads.

Comment

Right I'll just bin them so

Comment

Working...
              X