new surf owner here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new surf owner here

Hi guys wanted to say hi i just registered and love the site lots of helpful tips and info.
    i have recently bought what i think is a bargain (you will probably tell me im wrong)
    i bought a 1990 2.4 surf i took all the info on this site with me and hopefully i have a good one.

i checked for overheating problems lack/excess coolant amounts. lots of smoke all those things and she seems to be clear of them all.
    the previous owner has changed cam belt brakes and water pump and it has no history of over heating.
    so either i have been tricked or i reckon ive done ok.

while im on here i was just wondering
    are there any other problems i should be looking out for?
    also i type my vehicle reg into insurance brokers and it keeps coming up as petrol manual!!! is this normal? as its posing a nightmare to quote for.

i have checked dvla main site and they list it at dieslel 2.4 auto like it should be!
    well hope to hear from you all soon got to replace the back box today one fault i found and didnt mind

I would change the details on the V5 and send it to DVLA because it's not normal.

Welcome by the way.
    If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

hello and welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

G'day lloydy. Nowt wrong with a decent 2.4. Enjoy your stay.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

welcome dude
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Welcome
            Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Originally posted by lloydy7 View Post
              Hi guys wanted to say hi i just registered and love the site lots of helpful tips and info.
              i have recently bought what i think is a bargain (you will probably tell me im wrong)
              i bought a 1990 2.4 surf i took all the info on this site with me and hopefully i have a good one.

i checked for overheating problems lack/excess coolant amounts. lots of smoke all those things and she seems to be clear of them all.
              the previous owner has changed cam belt brakes and water pump and it has no history of over heating.
              so either i have been tricked or i reckon ive done ok.

while im on here i was just wondering
              are there any other problems i should be looking out for?
              also i type my vehicle reg into insurance brokers and it keeps coming up as petrol manual!!! is this normal? as its posing a nightmare to quote for.

i have checked dvla main site and they list it at dieslel 2.4 auto like it should be!
              well hope to hear from you all soon got to replace the back box today one fault i found and didnt mind
              Hi and welcome to the mad house!!

Ive been an owner of a 2.4ssrx for 8 weeks now, the guy or should I say complete and utter pr1ck who I bought it from said it had just been serviced, and it has just new brakes all round, so natrually i took his word for it, then last week my brakes started making a funny sound, check out this thread.....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=63347

please check your brakes as soon as you can, I learnt the hard way, never take a sellers word for it, again i learnt the hard way.

Happy truckin!!
              Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

If you can't find answers to your questions using the search function feel free to ask away

Comment

Ello and welcome

peace
                  cal
                  Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by yogigypsy View Post
                    Hi and welcome to the mad house!!

Ive been an owner of a 2.4ssrx for 8 weeks now, the guy or should I say complete and utter pr1ck who I bought it from said it had just been serviced, and it has just new brakes all round, so natrually i took his word for it, then last week my brakes started making a funny sound, check out this thread.....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=63347

please check your brakes as soon as you can, I learnt the hard way, never take a sellers word for it, again i learnt the hard way.

Happy truckin!!

thanks for the vote of confidence eh mate lol ill get it up on the ramps asap and check it all out properly. fingers crossed they are not all pricks these sellers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Justbrad View Post
                      I would change the details on the V5 and send it to DVLA because it's not normal.

Welcome by the way.
                      well like i said here i checked the dvla website and you can do a vehicle check on that and all the details come back as they should do. ill double check the v5 when i get it back thx

Comment

Hi and welcome to the nuthouse

If it checks out with the DVLA i would not worry to much when they check mine out at the insurance it comes back as a land cruiser??
                        Just tell them to update their system the lazy monkey's
                        I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X