Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    That's the same one!
    I didn't see your post, Same time.

Sorry honey.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Heres mine David!
      Mines undergoing re-registration in France so the plate is out of circulation in the UK anyway!
      First Registered Dec 1995
      I had to have a 4Runner because the Frogs will not recognise the Surf as an official model and would need a test similar to the SVA in the UK.
      Not sure though if the engines are identical to the surf,EG I know the throttle body is different for some reason!
      Best Regards
      Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Is the throttle body different because of no egr ?
        If I had a 4runner you could have my reg.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          If I had a 4 runner, Id not only give you my reg number Id post it in bold type on the forum. I cant see what all the bl**dy paranoia is about, when you can just walk out your door and get reg numbers by the thousand. They are all in the public domain. They are not secrets, like pin numbers for ATM cards.In fact why dont you just look around the streets for one.

Bogus
          Originally Posted by Sancho
          I'm with you Alex. And, as suggested above:

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          This truck i scrapped personally 18 months ago its a 4 runner.Email me or pm me and i will send it over that way so its not on a public forum or ring 07974183876.This way if anything comes of it then there is only the one person that has had the details.Sorry to sound brash but thats the way it is
          The only reason i said the above is because i have a dispute on with dvla at the moment and i don't want to put vehicle info on the net for a scrapped motor.I am more than happy to have my own truck which is all legal shown on the forum but not info regarding scrapped vehicles
          Last edited by stormforce; 29 May 2010, 08:36.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

DVLA f uckers, I am having issues with them as well. They are trying to charge me road tax for a truck I sold over a year ago.

They claim they have no record of change of owner. If I can't show proof they say I must pay. Fuc em see them in court.
            Brian

Comment

How can you prove change of ownership as you send the log book back with the new owners details and the new owner has the green slip.How many people actually give a reciept for a private sale.I never had one for my new truck and i never had one when i sold the 2.4 about 4 years ago
              the dispute i got is for road tax and the truck was scrapped in January.I wrote them a letter stating i will see them in court aswell and that they need to check the system against the systems from scrapyards.Its been stated in court aswell from an insider that dvla are well known for losing mail internally and that came from someone that works in the dvla mailroom
              Last edited by stormforce; 29 May 2010, 09:44.

Comment

seems we all had problems with dvla
                they bugged me for 3 cars i scrapped
                out of all of em only 3
                a rover
                senater
                clio

i ended up paying 80 quid i just cant not get out of 1 charge

even tho i wrote to them stateing that these cars are scrapped

you must put it in writting
                they do everything online dvla do everything but this
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

why was there people paranoid about putting a reg plate on here?

ya worry way too much
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

There are loads of people having grief with the DVLA, didn't catch it all but did see they were mentioned on watchdog the other day, sounds like they are in a lot of trouble.
                    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                      Heres mine David!
                      Mines undergoing re-registration in France so the plate is out of circulation in the UK anyway!
                      First Registered Dec 1995
                      I had to have a 4Runner because the Frogs will not recognise the Surf as an official model and would need a test similar to the SVA in the UK.
                      Not sure though if the engines are identical to the surf,EG I know the throttle body is different for some reason!
                      Best Regards
                      Mark
                      Thankyou Mark for your kind offer. I thought that this request might stir up a bit of a hornets nest. I know I could just have picked up a registration number from the classifieds or on the street but I wanted to get the owners permission first. I'll get my mate to check their system to see if it will work.

And thankyou Richard for your offer too but if you are in dispute with the DVLA over a truck then I do not wish to add to any potential problems.

David.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc B View Post
                        Thankyou Mark for your kind offer. I thought that this request might stir up a bit of a hornets nest. I know I could just have picked up a registration number from the classifieds or on the street but I wanted to get the owners permission first. I'll get my mate to check their system to see if it will work.

And thankyou Richard for your offer too but if you are in dispute with the DVLA over a truck then I do not wish to add to any potential problems.

David.
                        I wouldn't have any problem with sharing a reg no. to someone face to face but I certainly wouldn't post it on a forum. I've had too many runs ins (either personally or thru family and friends) with the DVLA causing grief without everyone out there in interweb land having access to my reg no!

I'd probably be more happy to share details if it wasn't for the way the last government introduced offences where guilt was presumed and innocence had to be proven.

I just don't want the hassle of getting parking tickets/congestion charges/speeding fines/etc in my name where I would have to prove that it wasn't me or my vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc B View Post

David.
                          no worries Doc.If you need it let me know.Its just i would sooner give it privately than on the forum thats all

Comment

Working...
                          X