Only For 4Runner Owners....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only For 4Runner Owners....

Do you own an original UK registered 4 Runner? If so could you possibly help me? I have a mate who works for a local franchised dealer that can get me very reasonably priced after market parts but the problem is that the system requires an original UK registration. My imported Surf does not appear on the system. My wifes Audi on the other hand is no problem....

So, what I would like is to borrow your registration for the purposes of obtaining parts. Nothing sinister. Ideally, a 4Runner that is about to be scrapped would work without anyone worrying that I might be stealing their truck's identity.

If someone can help, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

David

would you like my bank account details and credit card number aswell?

Your not George from Face Jacker/Fone Jacker are you?!?!

Hello sir im calling from your bank you have won cash monies, 1million uganda dollars!!

Thats a bit of astrange request buddy, not sure if you will get the reply your looking for.
    Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Its not that strange and has been done before
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I'm sure that if you look on ebay or Autotrader you are sure to find a 4Runner for sale & if the reg number hasn't been blocked on the picture, Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc B View Post
          Do you own an original UK registered 4 Runner? If so could you possibly help me? I have a mate who works for a local franchised dealer that can get me very reasonably priced after market parts but the problem is that the system requires an original UK registration. My imported Surf does not appear on the system. My wifes Audi on the other hand is no problem....

So, what I would like is to borrow your registration for the purposes of obtaining parts. Nothing sinister. Ideally, a 4Runner that is about to be scrapped would work without anyone worrying that I might be stealing their truck's identity.

If someone can help, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

David
          That quite simply isn't true. Give them frame and engine numbers and it's all they need. Or if you go into a Toyota main dealers yourself and register your details with them they will then have you on their system. It is exactly what I did when I used to own a Jap import Toyota Celica.

You're either trying to spin us a line or your friend is trying to put you off cos they don't really want to get you the parts...

Alternatively try this:

http://www.yankeetoys.org/docs.htm

You can download the Toyota electronic parts catalogue for yourself and just give your friend the parts numbers.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rustinho;638937]That quite simply isn't true. Give them frame and engine numbers and it's all they need. Or if you go into a Toyota main dealers yourself and register your details with them they will then have you on their system. It is exactly what I did when I used to own a Jap import Toyota Celica.

You're either trying to spin us a line or your friend is trying to put you off cos they don't really want to get you the parts...

Thanks for your help I'll see if my mate can work with the chassis/engine numbers but I'm pretty sure that the system they have only works with a registration number. My mate doesn't work for a Toyota franchise but a Ford franchise. I have no problems getting parts for other vehicles registered in the UK from new.

I also realise the suspicion that some members may have which is why I suggested I could use the reg from a vehicle being scrapped. Anyway it looks like I'll just have to stick to Roughtrax & Milners.

Comment

mines an import but shows up on most commys in the car spares shops including toyota who have a full lay out on there commy of my truck

try mine
              j11eru

my surf is a 2'4 ssrg on a k plate
              but that mi reg tho
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

??? Never had a problem with either Toyota or any other
                parts places just by using the chassis number ,
                can't see there being a problem with that ?

Chris
                GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

No use putting my reg plate in...it still comes up as a subaru impreza ! it has the S 555
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

This truck i scrapped personally 18 months ago its a 4 runner.Email me or pm me and i will send it over that way so its not on a public forum or ring 07974183876.This way if anything comes of it then there is only the one person that has had the details.Sorry to sound brash but thats the way it is
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

steel mine its sorn
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

If I had a 4 runner, Id not only give you my reg number Id post it in bold type on the forum. I cant see what all the bl**dy paranoia is about, when you can just walk out your door and get reg numbers by the thousand. They are all in the public domain. They are not secrets, like pin numbers for ATM cards.In fact why dont you just look around the streets for one.

Bogus
                        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                          If I had a 4 runner, Id not only give you my reg number Id post it in bold type on the forum. I cant see what all the bl**dy paranoia is about, when you can just walk out your door and get reg numbers by the thousand. They are all in the public domain. They are not secrets, like pin numbers for ATM cards.In fact why dont you just look around the streets for one.

Bogus
                          I'm with you Alex. And, as suggested above:

Comment

'Ere's one
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                              That's the same one!

Comment

Working...
                              X