Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Head, 3 lt TD

Hi Folks

anyone bought the roughtrax replacement premier head kit, which includes all gaskets etc, any problems or is it fit and go. cheers, Hazzo

I used a few when Stevo's been out fo stock, its all good, not had any problems.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have one sitting in the garage, kerrsurf should be here in the next 10min to start stripping and fitting. Will let you know by the end of the week.
      Brian

Comment

i fitted one to mine last month, so far no probs
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

OK, cheers boys mucho gracia.

I've just finished grinding the manifold off the old head, plus taking out all removable bits, when I took out the injectors the seats stayed put, do I need these for the new head and how do they come out, the little gaskets are out but not the seats. H

PS. And when I order the new head how do I know which gasket to get, I've read the manual and it shows some special tool for measuring how proud the pistons sit above the bore, is there another way to determine this/can I use a steel rule or something. H
          Last edited by Hazzo; 26 May 2010, 20:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
            OK, cheers boys mucho gracia.

I've just finished grinding the manifold off the old head, plus taking out all removable bits, when I took out the injectors the seats stayed put, do I need these for the new head and how do they come out, the little gaskets are out but not the seats. H

PS. And when I order the new head how do I know which gasket to get, I've read the manual and it shows some special tool for measuring how proud the pistons sit above the bore, is there another way to determine this/can I use a steel rule or something. H
            if you are getting it from r/t then you will have everything you need, new injectors spacer/seat and correct head gasket providing your engine is as standard. ie not previously skimmed etc
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Thanks for that Mud, was getting a bit worried about my lack of special service tools and mechanical ability, I'll get on and order the head now. Cheers, Hazzo

Comment

Working...
              X