Shiney surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    To be honest, you'd be wasting your money using that on paintwork thats at least 15 years old by now.
    Those coloured T-cut/polish products work just as well IMO and give the same water beading properties. (well it does when I use it anyway)
    I used to use the TCUT metallic restore polish, and then pile on the wax afterwards on the old Surf. It took a few hours, but the truck's paintwork was immaculate. People stopped in the street and commented. A lady even said she would cook me dinner, if I would do hers.
    I might get some to compare it, I found the turtle wax or other halfords products (meguires?) were good, but used to wash off with the rain after about 10 days so needed re applying. The victoria wax says you should apply with your fingers. So I imagine it's quite thick, but not sure if it would last any longer than the slightly cheaper liquid.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

This is good stuff, http://www.boora.co.uk/ and doesn't leave that white powdery residue on rubber trims etc. I used to use it on the 'Batmobile'

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        This is good stuff, http://www.boora.co.uk/ and doesn't leave that white powdery residue on rubber trims etc. I used to use it on the 'Batmobile'[/IMG]
        An old friend of mine's son christened my Celica "The Batmobile" too! lol

It's quite sad thinking back really. The poor lad had what his mum thought was a bad case of flu. It didn't seem to clear up after a week or so, was worried it might be something serious and the doctors said it was meningitis. A couple of days later they confirmed it wasn't actually meningitis and tried testing for a few other things.

About two weeks after originally coming down with "flu", he was admitted into hospital on a Friday night and by Sunday morning he had died from leukemia. He was a smashing lad - only 7 years old.

It's things like that that scare the bejeebus out of me with respect to my own son.

Comment

Working...
        X