My surf did a wee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My surf did a wee.

I turned on the aircon today due to it being a little warm "27 degree's" & noticed it did a little wee in the passengers footwell. Aircon still works fine & ive being getting the usual puddle underneath, should i be concerned?
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Why would you not run the air con all the time??
    You're lucky the pump has'nt siezed! Keeps the inside of the truck free of condensation as well!!

I'm just Pi***d off cause my truck has'st got air con and it was 30° here
    yesterday

Mark

Sounds like your drain tube is split blocked or cracked,not a problem if you don't mind water in the footwell!!!
    Last edited by s car go; 23 May 2010, 08:18.

Comment

sounds like condensation mate dont worry about it
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
        Why would you not run the air con all the time??
        You're lucky the pump has'nt siezed! Keeps the inside of the truck free of condensation as well!!

I'm just Pi***d off cause my truck has'st got air con and it was 30° here
        yesterday

Mark

Sounds like your drain tube is split blocked or cracked,not a problem if you don't mind water in the footwell!!!
        Its the passenger footwell anyway so at least my feet don't get wet. I actually turn it on every 2 months or so to make sure it stays in tip top condition.

Sorry to hear you don't have it mate.

Originally posted by charvell View Post
        sounds like condensation mate dont worry about it
        Cheers mate, time to crank it up again today mi thinks.

Comment

if you have a look under the fuel filter, there is a small pipe coming out the bulkhead with 90deg bend in it that points down. This is supposed to connected inside the car to the bottom of the A/C housing, so condesation drains outside the car.

Yours may have been pulled off from inside.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My tuppence worth

Being a bit of a pedantic old so & so, I have to say the following.

The correct term for the water that drains off is called 'Condensate'.

It occurs as a byproduct when air is cooled to below it's 'Dew Point' while being drawn or forced through the a/c coil.
            The temperature of the air dictates the amount of condensate created.
            i.e. hotter air = more condensate.

The condensate/water is termed as 'pure water' which is a little misleading as it's not drinkable, but can be used to top up your vehicle's batteries!

To say 'don't worry about water in the footwell is a bit rich to be frank.
            Water in any form will rot & rust what it touches, let alone the health problems caused by stagnation!

Your choice whether to fix it or not!

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              Sorry to hear you don't have it mate.
              Ahh!! doesn't have it yet
              If can get Rich to sell me all the bits it will get it!!

Its a good idea to run the pump regular as the cost and and agravasion of a new pump far outways any fuel savings made by not using it!!!

Yours sweatingly

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
                Water in any form will rot & rust what it touches, let alone the health problems caused by stagnation!

You can't have it both ways, either it will rot and drain away, or it puddle and stagnate!

Honestly, stagnant water is the least of any health issues you'll find under my seats!!!
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  if you have a look under the fuel filter, there is a small pipe coming out the bulkhead with 90deg bend in it that points down. This is supposed to connected inside the car to the bottom of the A/C housing, so condesation drains outside the car.

Yours may have been pulled off from inside.
                  I shall look into that mate, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
                    Being a bit of a pedantic old so & so, I have to say the following.

The correct term for the water that drains off is called 'Condensate'.

It occurs as a byproduct when air is cooled to below it's 'Dew Point' while being drawn or forced through the a/c coil.
                    The temperature of the air dictates the amount of condensate created.
                    i.e. hotter air = more condensate.

The condensate/water is termed as 'pure water' which is a little misleading as it's not drinkable, but can be used to top up your vehicle's batteries!

To say 'don't worry about water in the footwell is a bit rich to be frank.

Your choice whether to fix it or not!
                    A bit too much info for me mate but interesting all the same.

Comment

You can't have it both ways, either it will rot and drain away, or it puddle and stagnate!
                      I was referring to rotting the carpets & rusting through metal.
                      Thought that was obvious really. Duh!

Comment

Honestly, stagnant water is the least of any health issues you'll find under my seats!!!
                        Neal

Comment

Been keeping an eye on it for the past 2 days & its not done it since & its been on for a couple of hours at a time.

Oh well, im not complaining.

Comment

Working...
                          X