Canvasing opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvasing opinion.

A few of you may remember that i bought a Gen 3 Hi-Lux in March time, that i was having some issues with, regards the 4" body lift.
    Since then, i have been replacing the bolts that fasten it all together, which seems to be doing the job.
    It has now run out of MOT, so i had it booked in yesterday, which was all fine and dandy. The test was going well, with one fail for a number plate light, but when it went onto the rolling road, the tyres were too big (35's), so they could not complete the test. They recommended me to another garage that i visited this morning, but they couldn't test it because the jack could reach the chassis, so still no MOT.
    If i am brutally honest, all i wanted to do was MOT the truck and get rid of it, as its not as nice as my old one and i'm never gonna use it. I now have to decide whether to keep trying for the MOT, or a thought that has crossed my mind is to sell it as a non-runner for parts, spares etc.
    Is there much market for Gen 3 spares yet? The truck has some nice extra's, like the 35" wheel/tyre combo, the heavy duty Bull Bar.
    What would you do in the circumstances? What would it be worth as a non runner?

Get a cheap set of smaller wheels/tyres, put them on and get it mot'd then sell as a whole

Comment

Thats the other option. Suppose i was to go back to standard ride height, or maybe a 2" lift, what modes would need doing? Assuming that all the brake pipes etc were adjusted when it was lifted?
      How much for a set of 31"'s plus tyres?

Comment

Brake pipes and such should be ok just need to watch how much extra there is on the flexi hoses so they don't snag on any moving parts. Gear linkage may have been extended so this would sit higher if you took it down to 2 " lift.

Is there any suspension lift on it ?? if you had around 2" susp and 2" body you could go 33's which shouldn't be a problem.

With regards Mot in current state have you looked for a garage that does commercial vehicles ? as they should have the equipment to do the truck as it is

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
          Brake pipes and such should be ok just need to watch how much extra there is on the flexi hoses so they don't snag on any moving parts. Gear linkage may have been extended so this would sit higher if you took it down to 2 " lift.

Is there any suspension lift on it ?? if you had around 2" susp and 2" body you could go 33's which shouldn't be a problem.

With regards Mot in current state have you looked for a garage that does commercial vehicles ? as they should have the equipment to do the truck as it is

Ask Phantom how and where he gets his MOT done.

Comment

take your truck to the nearest commercial vehicle mot test centre. thats where we get our modified vehicles tested and im pretty sure steve does too.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

BORROW a set of wheels, MOT it, revert back to big wheels.

simples.
              If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Hi Guys,

When I take my truck for it's MOT I tell the inspector
                it has a LSD in the rear axle, and he uses a deacellererometer
                in the passengers footwell, and he brake tests it in the street
                outside his garage, passes every time.
                Hope this helps.

Gman.
                If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

I thought they used decelerometers for all 4 wheel drive vehicles.
                  They dont like putting them on rolling roads.
                  Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Looks great!!!!!!

Comment

Looked great over two years ago...not sure what it looks like now..
                      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Lol

I think u may be right, didnt check the date of post.

Comment

re surf

Soz this has nothing to do with your question, just wanted to say what a very nice looking surf you have

ark

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamelis View Post
                            Soz this has nothing to do with your question, just wanted to say what a very nice looking surf you have

ark
                            He hasn't,t been on the forum for almost three years so I doubt he will read your comment anytime soon.
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                              I thought they used decelerometers for all 4 wheel drive vehicles.
                              They dont like putting them on rolling roads.
                              Yes they should never put a 4x4 on the rollers should always use decelerometer and is standard mot equipment for every centre.

Comment

Working...
                              X