Credit card companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card companies

You know how you have "consumer rights" and that if you pay for anything with your credit card, and you don't receive the product / item / service or it's not to standards, And the company is not complying - then you are able to go back to your credit card company and do a reverse transaction?

Well, where do you stand with something such as an upgrade on seats on a flight?

I purchased upgrades to our seats out to Egypt, and because of various problems neither our fault (nor the airlines really) we didn't receive the seats I paid for. We were told at the time to write in and claim the money back, but the last two letters are worded not disimilar from "We thank you for the time to read your letter, but we are sorry that you are unhappy with our service". Basically tuff titty.

My card comany has told me since I cannot prove that I didn't receive the seat upgrade then I cannot make a claim.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

have you got your boarding cards??? surely that has your seat numbers thus you can show where on the plan you were asitting and then prove your werent in the good seats???

Comment

You don't have a leg to stand on. When you booked the seats, part of the small print would say that you my not get the seats you booked and that the payment is non refundable. It won't say it in those words or in that order, but it will say it.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thought this was going ot be about the diff spacer I forgot to send you...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
          have you got your boarding cards??? surely that has your seat numbers thus you can show where on the plan you were asitting and then prove your werent in the good seats???
          I do have them, they were never asked for, and when I spoke to the woman on the phone yesterday and mentioned I had them, she wasn't interested. However, I will call again next week and say that I now have proof of where I sat. Although, I don't think they will be interested.
          The thing is, ABTA has advised me to go this route to obtain the money back as the holiday company aren't being cooperative whatsoever. Thanks for the tip, I'll have another read on my consumer rights.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            You don't have a leg to stand on. When you booked the seats, part of the small print would say that you my not get the seats you booked and that the payment is non refundable. It won't say it in those words or in that order, but it will say it.
            This type of small print is usually just a scare, the companies that write that cannot infringe on consumer rights, but they can try and make you believe that you are bound by the small print in all cases.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              This type of small print is usually just a scare, the companies that write that cannot infringe on consumer rights, but they can try and make you believe that you are bound by the small print in all cases.
              Best of luck then...
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                Best of luck then...
                Why thank you! You don't know just how much that means to me, to read those words from you.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

But you didn't hear how he said it !!!

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                  X