Brake pad size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pad size?

I saw a post on here a little while ago concerning brake pad size.
    I fitted up my new disks and pads last night and the new pads are hanging outside of the discs by about 5 mm?
    Is this correct or have I got the wrong pads?
    Ordered the disk and pad kit from Roughtrax!
    Regards

Mark

Technically no, but they are only ones you'll get without doing lots of research and badgering of parts suppliers, or going to the main dealer.

I wouldn't worry worry about it to much on a normally used day to day truck.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

they will be ok Mark.I have had pads the same in the past.
      THe parts you need sending over are
      Sunroof complete
      load cover
      indicator
      Is there anything else thats needed before you pay so i can get it to my cousin tonight ready for them to load up.I'll send that caliper bolt off aswell Deb's said about unless you want it put in with the other bits.You'll probably get it quicker that way then wait for royal mail
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks Tony
        Strange though,it almost seems that the metal back, that the friction material is stuck to, is too small,in fact thats exactly the problem.The brakes have been pretty poor on this truck since I got it,and i'm looking for a significant improvment.I should get that anyway as the old disks were in a terrible state,but to my way of thinking friction material not touchung the disk is not helping the cause!! I may just get a set of genuine pads if thats the answear.

Regards

Mark

Richard E-mail sent and payment en route

Comment

Working...
        X