Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Change

I'm about to change my oil. 2.4 manual.

I've read all the old posts and I've just gone out to make sure I know whay I'm doing before I start.

Instant problems.

1. Sump Bolt - there are quite a few bolts underneath. I'm guessing it's the one on the bubous metal chunk in the middle - it looks like it is but I'd like conformation. The other option looks like it's on the drivetrain.

2. Oil filter.
    Elsewhere is says that I need to remove four bolts under the right side wheel arch.
    I have looked under both wheel arches, I have no bolts. I have some rubber flaps held on by clips, or am I looking in the wrong place.

Cheers.

Can't answer the question about the filter but regards the drain plug make sure that it is the one to the front of the surf around the sump guard area and not the larger (and more obvious) one as this is the transmission.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rob88
      2. Oil filter.
      Elsewhere is says that I need to remove four bolts under the right side wheel arch.
      I have looked under both wheel arches, I have no bolts. I have some rubber flaps held on by clips, or am I looking in the wrong place.
      Under the right hand wheel arch, roughly in line with the filter, there should be a small plate (part of the inner wing) about 4 - 5 inches square held in place with four 6mm hex head screws. If you remove this it allows the filter to be easily removed. You still need to put paper on the floor though coz it will spill oil.
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
      X