Offroading in Buxton, Derbyshire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offroading in Buxton, Derbyshire?

Anyone know if there's any offroading in or around Buxton, Derbyshire? Got a weekend up there soon and wouldn't mind some mud.

Yup there is

Comment

Anything more specific? I fancy a day in the mud at Buxton too - not far for me.

Comment

Ok, and how might i find out more about this please Growler?

Comment

Just done a bit of digging around via google and this came up trumps...

http://www.giftdays.net/High-Peaks-4...ton%29/I25.htm

Bit pricey though. And it isn't pay & play...

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
            Ok, and how might i find out more about this please Growler?
            Do you have Memory map ?? if so I need an email address to get the details to you otherwise I'll ned to get some paper plans sorted

Comment

No mate i don't. What is it though? I've heard people go on about it. Cheers for the help...

Comment

Useful piece of software that runs OS series maps and lets you create navigable routes of the area you are interested in. You can creat a map overlay to show you the route on a portable device such as a laptop.

Take a look HERE it's the cheapest place i have found it for sale.

If you decide to buy it just get the cheapest copy you can such as the one at the top of the page. There are ways to find the other maps when you need them if required

Comment

Hmmm, might look into that when i've got more money.

What sort of stuff is there in Buxton? Greenlanes? Pay n play?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                    Hmmm, might look into that when i've got more money.

What sort of stuff is there in Buxton? Greenlanes? Pay n play?
                    Quite a few good lanes, not sure on Pay n Play though

Comment

Ok, can you recommend any that are non damaging and not too difficult, as along with my truck there'll be a mate in a shiny L200?

Ever done Oldfield Lane or Clough Lane near Matlock?

Thanks.

Comment

B U M P

Comment

Sorry been a bit busy with the hopsital last couple of days.

I've not actually driven any of the tracks up there, so don't know what they are like.

I do have a couple of routes in memory map that I will try and get printed for you once i get back home in next few days.

Comment

Ok, nice one.

Comment

Shall we organise a trip up there andy just for a day and have a little run round see what we can find? Any one fancy it I can do either a sat us Sunday???

Comment

Working...
                              X