Winch challenge weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch challenge weekend

some pics of the challenge my nipper went to the other weekend, they didn't partisipate (?) but had a good time, slept in Cha's roof tent, nice pic of a land rover in it's natural enviorment!! broke down by the side of the road,
    hope the link works, if not type "parky" into the log in
    http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...h%20challenge/
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    nice pic of a land rover in it's natural enviorment!! broke down by the side of the road,
    That reminds me, Towed a 99' LR Defender 90 back to the dealers for a friend yesterday, his owned it 6 months, since then its had a new head gasket, new gearbox, lots of small stuff, and has now gone back not cos the clutch is siezed. This truck has never been offroad, and only has 90k miles on it.

We dropped it off, and he mentioned that the back door doesn't shut properly, despite the dealer adjusting it before, the guy sighed, and said "look, just slam it..." he open it, slamed it shut..........

........and the back window shattered into a million bits!!!!

the best 4x4xfar..... yeah.....
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ooooo I feel a Tui Bilboard coming on

For those of you who dont know what Tui is this should help
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAmJEqBSBqI

Ollie
      If in doubt, get a bigger hammer.

Comment

Reminds me of what the Aussies say.....

"If you want to go out into the bush, go in a Land Rover, but if you want to come back again, go in a Toyota!....Cheers....Mick.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          "If you want to go out into the bush, go in a Land Rover, but if you want to come back again, go in a Toyota!....Cheers....Mick.
          Ahahah, nice one

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            That reminds me, Towed a 99' LR Defender 90 back to the dealers for a friend yesterday, his owned it 6 months, since then its had a new head gasket, new gearbox, lots of small stuff, and has now gone back not cos the clutch is siezed. This truck has never been offroad, and only has 90k miles on it.

We dropped it off, and he mentioned that the back door doesn't shut properly, despite the dealer adjusting it before, the guy sighed, and said "look, just slam it..." he open it, slamed it shut..........

........and the back window shattered into a million bits!!!!

the best 4x4xfar..... yeah.....
            yup i can well believe it, my son paid 6 grand for his, since then he's had to have a new rear X member welded in, 400 plus, new door hinges, new tow bar and fittings plus electric's, brake light switch, will need a new rear wiper motor, new rad, new wheel carier as he stuck a modular and 33" on the old fitting and it f##ked up the top door hinge, all this plus the goodies he want to fit like a snorkel, center lock box, on to of that all the stuff he bought (which aint cheap) from "britpart" holes dont lign up, every dam thing we've fitted so far involved redrilling, fileing and improveing, worst was the new rear fold down step, i had to weld up a bracket to stop the bugger flexing when you stepped on it, felt like it was going to fold right under,
            his mate paid about 4K for his and so far it's had a new engine, new intercooler rad, new track rods, new wheel bearings (all of em), new discs, new brakes, will need new springs as the rears keep falling out,
            as hitler said "f##k landrover" i'll stick with the japs
            (quite enjoy driveing it tho)

Comment

I'm soooooooo glad I bought a Surf rather than a bargain basement Land Rover. I dread to think how many problems I would've had buying one for less than a grand...

Comment

I be honest i doubt you'd find one for a grand, it amases me how these trucks keep their value, must be a green welly prestiege thing,

of course when ones rural one just has to have a land rover,

Comment

Working...
                X