what do i do now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do i do now

body shop tells me this afternoon that my surf is an uneconomical repair!!!! so what happens now?? i have to contact the insurance company in the morning.. any advice

it will be down to the insurance company at the end of the day if its beyond repair so see what they have to say and go from there
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

They'll tell you what they think it's worth - you'll reply it's worth more than that and then provide proof from ebay etc of current market value. Then you ask if you can buy it back for its scrap value and then break it or repair it (you'll probably need an engineers report in order to put it back on the road)

Comment

Originally posted by blobbt View Post
        body shop tells me this afternoon that my surf is an uneconomical repair!!!! so what happens now?? i have to contact the insurance company in the morning.. any advice
        I told mine it wasn't my fault "I want it fixed or get me one similar" they soon agreed to repair my 1990 2.4 1 owner (Side inpact @ £1700)
        Good Luck

Jess

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 17 May 2010, 22:37.
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

I reckon you should take it to a garage. A bottle of moisturiser and a herbal face mud pack will never do much to fix the old Surf up...

What does Anita Roddick know about trucks anyway?!

Comment

How bad is the damage?
            Is it 3.0ltr?
            Do you want to sell it?
            Brian

Comment

i have had it said to me many times now ''its an uneconomical repair''
              i have it done anyway
              iam saving up coz i bent mi bottom arms
              i'll fix it and kill it again
              park it up for a year or so till i have to cash to do it again
              but thats me
              some say i dont tick right but iam not clock
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                I told mine it wasn't my fault "I want it fixed or get me one similar" they soon agreed to repair my 1990 2.4 1 owner (Side inpact @ £1700)
                Good Luck

Jess

I agree with Jess, dont let them dictate to you, its not your fault it got damaged dont except what they are saying tell them where to get the parts and get them to fix it. My mate did this with his Paj and they fixed it.
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

They (cheeky/greedy bullying feckers) seem to conveniently forget who/where there wages/bonus's come from ... and I refer ya to my previous post n as Colin also says it can be done, it must be done ... (there's no such word as Can't)
                  Good Luck

Jess

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X