Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye scotland...for a bit.

Well.....
    There i was living, and working in scotland. A bright future beckoned in the water industry. Since the beginning of the year though, signs were beggining to NOT be encouraging. This was a an amalgamation of two major issues. The contractor i was working for had installed a system, that quite frankly, sucked. It was never going to work properly...in fact at present is frigged to run, and not in accordance with any control philosophy. It was intimated that it would be in my best interests to go along with this massive subterfuge...if i knew what was good for me!
    I suppose...in fact now know.. that the last thing anyone expected me to do was quit. There was a small bidding war going on, to obtain my daily diary. I kept an extensive log of every thing...including all the bad bits. My ex employer had threatened me with legal action, unless i handed them over...until they became fully versed with the law regarding intellectual property. The client on the other hand has been rather generous and bought these diaries from me. They are all validated and confirmed. I only sold them on the condition, i would not be bound up by some sort of confidentiality clause. As well as this, i invested £15000 in a seperate venture. The guy who took the cash, singularly failed to live up to his obligations. He has, this evening placed in an escrow account the whole sum (cos i wouldnt normally be up this late), and after due diligence is confirmed, by a very tired sounding solicitor just now, i have that back as well.
    so the upshot is, im now back in eastbourne. I had a great experience, working in scotland. I met some great people...and some proper rogues, but hey
    So yoshie, and albannach. sorry but the road trip is off. It would still be grand if you came down to apache's for the unveiling...but i know its a big undertaking. Anyway here i am back in eastbourne, and this time,able to take 6 months off if i want. The children are overwhelmed at me being home all the time. It was painfully apparent i didnt see enough of the family, when my 9 month old boy got frightened to see me....time to get my priorities back in order. So also to everyone whos currently struggling in the job market, i can quite honestly say, if you have your family around you anything is possible

thankyou for reading.
    Last edited by gwh200; 16 May 2010, 23:20.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Um......wow.

I feel as if I should give you a hug or summat now!

Where there's muck there's brass eh?

Comment

Its been a very strange, yet illuminating few weeks vince. It ended up being a no brainer in the end.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Still, at least you can now add Professional writer to the CV...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

FFS, I can't leave you alone for a couple of weeks!
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Shame it didn't work out for you Gra but at least you're with the family again and that's the important part.
            So what now then, do you think you'll go back to the water industry or is it time for a complete change?
            Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              FFS, I can't leave you alone for a couple of weeks!
              How was the holiday, hope it was a good one.
              Neal

Comment

Welcome back to the the sunshine coast mate!
                Shame it didn't all work out, but glad you're fiscally compensated!
                I'll buy you a coffee when we meet at the jobcentre!

Al
                www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

You will probably find that now you don't need the work, you will be inundated with good offers.
                  Which will dry up the minute you decide to return to work.
                  Just go contracting as and when the work is there.
                  Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

will did the dog have a bite out of you cause forgot to say bye to him lol

well hase ya back bud
                    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Hope this doesn't impact the 'beer at the nags' plan Gra!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Hope this doesn't impact the 'beer at the nags' plan Gra!
                        Certainly not!!!!

I'm even going to get a b&b nearby to stumble into.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Good luck big fella.
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Good luck big fella.
                            Thanks brian....it's been emotional.
                            Besides I have a job for veolia starting September...central Scotland, if I want it.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              Thanks brian....it's been emotional.
                              Besides I have a job for veolia starting September...central Scotland, if I want it.
                              Veolia? Which depot and department?
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X