Work This One Out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work This One Out!!

Been using a combo of Bio/Svo, 55/45 mix for the last 3 weeks now.

First 2 weeks Bio was from a seller on ebay in Nottingham (I mentioned it in another thread), Ive been using the same SVO from a local cash and carry (£15.99 for 20L).

Todays fillup was Bio from a different supplier, from Manchester, also on ebay, but again I used the same SVO as I have done in the previous fill ups.

Anyways, Changed the fuel filter after the first tankfull, as had been using a SVO/Derv mix previously to using Bio. When first used the SVO/Derv mix I added a little white spirit to help thin out the SVO, and the truck ran great (better than on neat Derv).

Since been using Bio, the truck has ran even better.

Filled her up today with 55/45 Bio/SVO, and decided to add a little white spirit and ATF fluid to the SVO before putting in the tank (recomended by a member on this forum, cant remember who though), I gave the bottle a good shake and the SVO turned a lovely pinkish/redish colour (I had to cover the drum in an old fleece jacket to hide the contents as if anybody had seen it would of looked liked I was using Red Derv!!).

Looked under the bonnet this morning before driving it anywhere and found a vac hose had come off, so refitted it. (its very small in legnth and it fits between a little valve and somewhere near the AT dip stick).

I ran an errand which was only about 10km at the most, and as expected the truck ran perfectly.

A bit later on I had to run another errand, and within 10 seconds of driving the strangest thing happened, my truck had a sudden power surge!! she pulled like a train, it is much more responsive and has a hell of alot more power, and I do mean there is a huge difference between it running yesterday, the first errand, and then the second errand!! I was completely amazed, I actually had the power to to use the kickdown and overtake some1 on the motorway, it has never been this fast and powerfull, even when running on neat Derv!!!

So please could some1 try and explain to me what the bloomin hell has given my truck a sudden burst of power??!! ( I say sudden, it did it for the entire 50km journey, and ive juts nipped around the block in before writting this post and it is still much more powerfully then this morning/yesterday)

1.Is it because Manchesters Bio is of better quailty than the Bio from Nottingham??

2. Is it because I have added a drop of whitespirit and ATF???

3. Has something suddenly become clean?

4. Is it because I have refitted the vac hose ( but this made no difference how the truck ran when I did the first errand)

Please help LOL!!
    Keep On Truckin!

My guess is that some crud has been liberated from somewhere in the fuel system. I had a similar experience with mine but I'd been using veg for a month or two when it happened to me.

The amount of gunge that had gathered on the fuel filter was unbelievable.

Since then I've junked the EGR system and it's running even better still.

EDIT: incidentally, I'm using various concentrations of derv/SVO depending on whats happening (ie the sort of driving I'm going to be doing and how short I am of cash or what offers supermarkets/wholesalers have). Running it at about 50:50 at the mo but it seems happy on anything up to 100% veg.
    Last edited by Rustinho; 16 May 2010, 23:22.

Comment

aha when you refitted the hose you may have reversed the field magnetic resonators output, this will increase the flux-monotonic input and accelerating the electron field magnitudle masqueraders therefore giving a massive increase in output power.

Have you checked the date on your watch since returning home?

Is your surf a 7th Gen?
      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
        aha when you refitted the hose you may have reversed the field magnetic resonators output, this will increase the flux-monotonic input and accelerating the electron field magnitudle masqueraders therefore giving a massive increase in output power.

Is your surf a 7th Gen?
        Maybe or perhaps the ATF's cleaned some shoit out an injector!!

mine's the same, moments or normality,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post

Is your surf a 7th Gen?

The flux capacitor was flickering a bit, and for some reason my watch was 2 minutes fast, good job really as I missed the libian terrorists who where after me for not paying them for plutonium!!

And the 7th gen Surf is awsome!! It has wings, "what about the roads, where were going we dont need roads"!!
          Keep On Truckin!

Comment

A 2.4 with power?

It's death throes.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              A 2.4 with power?

It's death throes.

ahhhh...but his is a 7th gen, it has a built in Mr. Fusion!
              My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Working...
              X