Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Surf

Hello everybody!

I have just got a `95 SSR-X 3.0 TD Auto Japan Spec that has got original 169TKM on it and I am quite amazed with it.
    Nice piece of engineering! Runs great has got very modest thirst and everything is operational except the electric antenna. Didn`t expect that from a car that old. I have just changed all the fluids and filters, some bushings and front brake pads.
    Now I am on the cam belt and here is the thing. Is it obligatory to change the hydraulic tensioner with every cam belt and idler pulley change? Is there any standard procedure to measure the tension that is created by the tensioner that could show that it is good enough for further use or just change it and don`t bother? I am asking this only because I did not find any information on that matter in the internet and because here in Bulgaria the tensioner costs around 100 GBP. Would highly appreciate any advise you can give me. Regards!

Welcome to the forum!

I didn't change mine but someone will come along with the right answer soon enough!

Happy Surfing,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I would change the tensioner and pulley to be on the safe side when you do the belt to be honest.The last thing you want is to change the belt then the pulley or tensioner go.
      I have got a very good and not very old tensioner and pulley here if you want them for £30 plus the delivery to you.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Its good practice to change it, but I think you probably know that anyway.

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Just bought the tensioner, pulley and cam belt. I want to be on the safe side too. This is my first experience with diesel engines and I find this 3.0 TD a very nice example.
          Thanks to this article:
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37578
          I was able to explain the mechanic the replacement procedure
          He thought that he should disassemble drive belts, fan and other things to be able to replace the cam belt as he has got no experience with this particular engine...
          Great forum and thank you people for the help

Comment

Hello, welcome to the forum, where abouts in Bulgaria are you? Myself and my wife went to Borovets a couple of years ago and stayed in Sofia as well for a while.

Comment

welcome dude
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Ello and welcome

It's already been said but yeah if the part has done the same milage as the belt then best change it.

Enjoy the grin

peace
                cal
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

@oneidadan - I live in Plovdiv which is about a 100 km from Sofia. Borovets is an nice place for skiing and snowboarding. Can`t wait till next season to Surf about for fresh snow.

Comment

Working...
                  X