Good news or Bad news? Hmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news or Bad news? Hmmmm

Today is the day I was due to pick up my Surf.
    It is, how shall I put it, poorly.
    It overheated on its way to MOT and guess what...

Yip, heads gone.
    Sales manager has informed me that it is being fitted with a "new" engine from a later model as he wants it to be spot on when I get it.

Whaddya reckon?

I spoke to the guy who was to do the MOT and he reckons that the manager has been trying to get it trailered away all week and is making a real effort to get it right.

Reckon I should be cheeky and ask him to put a 3.0 in
    Last edited by Alun; 19 June 2004, 20:53. Reason: Update
    Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Originally posted by Alun
    Today is the day I was due to pick up my Surf.
    It is, how shall I put it, poorly.
    It overheated on its way to MOT and guess what...

Yip, heads gone.
    Sales manager has informed me that it is being fitted with a "new" engine from a later model as he wants it to be spot on when I get it.

Whaddya reckon?

I spoke to the guy who was to do the MOT and he reckons that the manager has been trying to get it trailered away all week and is making a real effort to get it right.

Reckon I should be cheeky and ask him to put a 3.0 in
    Sounds like the guys is trying to do the right thing, many "dodgy" dealers wouldn't have admitted that to you, they'd have done a bodge job and sent you on your way!! Just make sure that you dont get a reconditioned head but a new one if he just does the head, and get the documents that go with it in case you ever want to sell it again...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Good news I guess, at least it happens before you took it home. I wonder whether a brand new head would'nt be a better option as there's nothing to say that the head the "replacment"/"new" engine won't go at stage in the furture. 3.0L would be even better option!

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
        ......... I wonder whether a brand new head would'nt be a better option as there's nothing to say that the head the "replacment"/"new" engine won't go at stage in the furture............
        That was my thinking, at least I have a 12 month warranty to fall back on.

Comment

It's good that he is doing the right thing and getting it sorted before giving you the keys!!!!
          My only concern is if he just fits a seconhand engine the head on that could go, maybe it would be better to ask if they can fit a new head to your block (providing there is no damage to the block) at least then you know that the head cannot be a problem!!!!
          Whatever the outcome be glad that you have found what seems to be a decent dealer who wants to put it right for you.
          Good luck with it.
          If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
          I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Update

Called round to dealers today, the engine has been sourced from a breakers down south, its from a '93 and has done under 40000 miles.

Its getting fitted on tuesday, will be ready on Friday.

Smell the anticipation.....

Comment

Working...
            X