Lifting the black cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting the black cloud

Seems that almost every other thread on here is about head gaskets blowing up.
    Now I own a 2.4 and have never had any trouble with it despite regularly taking it to London and back packed full of drums.
    I have to admit that its getting a bit depressing here so I want to hear from anyone out there with a 2.4 that has never had any head troubles.
    Surely you must be out there?

Originally posted by Dolph
    Seems that almost every other thread on here is about head gaskets blowing up.
    Now I own a 2.4 and have never had any trouble with it despite regularly taking it to London and back packed full of drums.
    I have to admit that its getting a bit depressing here so I want to hear from anyone out there with a 2.4 that has never had any head troubles.
    Surely you must be out there?
    Never had any trouble with engine.Had to fix a lot of other things though.Front brakes / bearings / cv boots / fuel pump / alternator (my fault).
    Now doing all the suspension.New springs / shocks / ball joints / lower control arm bushes.

Neville

Comment

Ive had my old girl over 5 years now and dispite the abuse she sometimes gets Ive never had any head trouble at all.

sumo.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
        Ive had my old girl over 5 years now and dispite the abuse she sometimes gets Ive never had any head trouble at all.

sumo.
        MMMMM,I take it you are talking about the Surf!

Rick
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          MMMMM,I take it you are talking about the Surf!

Rick

had my 91 2.4td surf for almost a yr. now, only done about 6k miles over the last yr. and had the bonnet up about 8 times to jump start the neighbours old sierra and 3 times to check oil n water etc. and she,s never missed a beat, so it,s time for MOT, full service (inc. timing belt) and some bolt on goodies i think.

ship

Comment

I will have had my Surf for 1 year on 4th July. No cooling/head problems even when the rad has been 2/3 full of mud.

In eleven months I have replaced rear anti-roll bar bushes/brackets(my fault), n/s CV boot split (well it was nearly 12 years old) ..........er that's it.

Passed the MOT with no problems too.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

This makes a refreshing read!
              Its nice to know they arent all busting!

Still, gonna keep my fingers crossed.
              Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X