No announcement yet.

YEAH! Finally got my 3rd gen today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will probably be late afternoon/early evening i get there but i'll ring you first anyway
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
      later! im hungry!!!
      carlisle to worcester half tank at, er, 70mph (if mr plod asks..)

oh, and it clocks up in miles too..... must have been converted at some stage, so 106,000 shown on the clock is part mailes, part kilometers \I assume.

what do they usually come into the UK at? 60000km? so 40,000 is actual miles and 60k=40k miles give or take - so about 80k miles total.

engine bay is clean and no oil leaks visible.

coolio!
      Hell ANdy you must of been hungry if your still eating....
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yarp! yum yum.
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

dude heres my car

well, here are some images of the new truck... er, and the old un just can't keep itself out of the limelight too!
          Attached Files

Comment

nice truck Andy, just a couple of pointers
            1. someones robbed your rear wheel already
            2. needs clear indicators
            3. needs a lift
            4. needs mud
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

no! its on the drive, looking pikey!
              its VERY illegal, so i removed it - its (AFAIAA) illegal to have an illegal spare, but its legal not to have one at all.....
              and yes!
              plus the alloys are in bad shape - might just get a set of rims and tyres all in.
              I shall be applying mud - the type in a bottle labled 'autoglim - for the shineys....'

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
                what do they usually come into the UK at? 60000km? so 40,000 is actual miles and 60k=40k miles give or take - so about 80k miles total.
                I was wondering this too. Mine's got 100,000 on the clock but its 1st UK MOT is at 60,000. So, that would work out at 80k miles in total

Comment

I wonder if this is a usual thing. Ive got one lined up. P reg at 88.000 so if that's Kilometers it would be about 55.000 miles, surely I couldn't be lucky with my first surf!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffo View Post
                    I wonder if this is a usual thing. Ive got one lined up. P reg at 88.000 so if that's Kilometers it would be about 55.000 miles, surely I couldn't be lucky with my first surf!
                    Well, it's possible you are, as long as it's an import.

Does anyone know what importers do to the speedo/odometer on arrival from Japan? I presume they change the gears somewhere in the system to read miles. But do they wind em back to reflect miles rather than km?

Comment

If you have an electronic speedo (later 2nd gens / all 3rd gens AFAIK) the speedo is often fitted with an electronic converter. They dont wind them back, but if you know the mileage at import date (written on the truck somewhere usually) then its straighforward to work out how many miles.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by jeffo View Post

When I bought my 2nd gen back in 2003, it only had 47k miles on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          If you have an electronic speedo (later 2nd gens / all 3rd gens AFAIK) the speedo is often fitted with an electronic converter. They dont wind them back, but if you know the mileage at import date (written on the truck somewhere usually) then its straighforward to work out how many miles.
                          But, just as often, they simply stick on a MPH speedo face so your odo continues to record km. ( lazy gits)

The winding back gets done by some geezer in Japan before it hits the auction

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

all the ones i have seen just have a mph sticker, odo is in kms

Comment

My 3rd gen was converted from new. The mile/odometer is digital and displays miles.

You can tell the stick on faceplates, the numbers won't be as bright as the tacho's at night.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                My 3rd gen was converted from new. The mile/odometer is digital and displays miles.

You can tell the stick on faceplates, the numbers won't be as bright as the tacho's at night.
                                yours is special
                                mine was a mere '97 model

Comment

Working...
                                X