No announcement yet.

Got one of these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiggy, I thought 'Creation Enterprises' had a hand in Ranger? We had the Creation Zephyr (similar size to a Defender 130) here before Christmas which I thought had promise, but have learned today broke in two during blast tests. I think Babcock (who were putting up some or all of the development money) have pulled out now though.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    Bit out the loop now but when i was in Blandford there was all sorts of stuff coming in, remember walking up to work beside the go cart track (dont know why they didn't just call us out to put it in the hangar), and there was a car transporter pack up with 4/5 green cut down Humvee type trucks that looked as if they could have had some serious hardware mounted on them no pics but still curious even now..... Anyhow seems to be that ranger was a bit of an amalgamation of contracts that either got out bid or bought out with the end result (well the main one coming from Universal Eng http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/455...es_under_test/) not really surprising judging by the size and the floating floor / Armour bubble thingy, Parker Hannifin had a hand (seem to remember that company does some work with the US trials vehicles on the heavy duty load bearing/impact side of things). Think though they were originally going for the ridgeback but went for the essentially modular armour of the ranger (hell as you said its all about zippiness but if you have to travel heavy tonnes of intelligent armour helps!....hell its got about the same acceleration as my old surf lol!).
    Sorry goin off track a bit but are you still doing stickers?....was after the red toy devil one
    Attached Files
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
      Sorry goin off track a bit but are you still doing stickers?....was after the red toy devil one
      I'll have a look and see if I still have the vector file. Had a bit of a disaster. Cutter PC crashed and I lost a load of stuff - including the license for the software!!!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        to play with this week

Andy,
        I'm currently in Dorset in a place called Powerstock. On the way down a few miles from here we see four of these "bad boys" on the back of two lorries. Not sure where you are, but thought I would mention it!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks and hope you get it sorted alright...pain in the arse for you tho

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            Andy,
            I'm currently in Dorset in a place called Powerstock. On the way down a few miles from here we see four of these "bad boys" on the back of two lorries. Not sure where you are, but thought I would mention it!
            That's me and me mate, we've nicked 'em.
            Off to sell them at Blackbush auctions tomorrow.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

@Wiggy
              Was it some of these?

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/future/

Ollie
              If in doubt, get a bigger hammer.

Comment

Hi...Thanks for that and yes it looks really similar.... very similar actually just with more weapon/defensive mounts on them, saying that it was about 3 years ago, realy wished one had fallen off the carrier would like to have a boot about in one

Rob

Comment

Working...
                X