Clear All

• Got one of these...

to play with this week

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

lucky bugga
    how?
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Apart from working in a strip club you must have one of the most envyable jobs going,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Apart from working in a strip club you must have one of the most envyable jobs going,
        i can get ya a job
        mopping up at a peep show

Comment

Haha lucky get! .....those are fun but i prefer mine.......................
          Attached Files
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Andy, just curious like, but do you only have a few days to test these vehicles or do they have to be scrutinised for weeks at a time?
            Neal

Comment

Depends what I'm doing. A full up Def Stan EMC job can take anything up to 3 months, but this one is a quick 'look-see' as a comparison to another vehicle and will only take this week.

Dunno why, but I cant get the Banana Splits theme tune out of my head

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                to play with this week

I take it the vehicle shown is the basic chassis & cab job & not yet fitted with the protection shell for the soldiers?
                They are at present extremely vunerable, let alone the vehicle itself!

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
                  I take it the vehicle shown is the basic chassis & cab job & not yet fitted with the protection shell for the soldiers?
                  They are at present extremely vunerable, let alone the vehicle itself!
                  The Jackal is just a fast recon vehicle but pretty nippy with the 5.8 (unless they have changed it) engine ....you might be thinking about the 'Ranger' that is being made by a contractor in the south of England (Universal Engineering i think was the companies name based in weymouth?....just been reading about it) much more substantial.
                  Attached Files
                  The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Cool!

Have you played with any Jet tanks?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

In the survivability hierarchy, agility and speed come above armour.

('Dont be hit' is higher up the list than 'If you are hit, dont be killed')

Its horses for courses of course. I doubt they'd be used where the threat is judged to require substantial upper shell armour, but bugger me its quick and agile if a quick blast round the carpark is anything to go by!

Supacat build a version based on this chassis with composite outer shell, and a removable composite pod internal to that. Clever bit of kit which I'll be testing in the next month or so. It's got Landrover air suspension!!

Not had any turbine powered tanks in.

Wiggy, I thought 'Creation Enterprises' had a hand in Ranger? We had the Creation Zephyr (similar size to a Defender 130) here before Christmas which I thought had promise, but have learned today broke in two during blast tests. I think Babcock (who were putting up some or all of the development money) have pulled out now though.
                      Last edited by Apache; 10 May 2010, 16:40.

Comment

Apache your a brainy bugga not lucky

Comment

They are the nuts took one for a spin the other week, bags of power much better than the wimic
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Yeah, caught me out a bit when I was driving it onto the rollers. Nearly went straight off the other end! Pretty sharp throttle response for a big ol' TD!

Comment

I think you should convince your superiors to be allowed to bring some of these vehicles to one of the offroad meets so they can be given a proper test .
                              Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X