immobiliser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immobiliser

i'm insured with tesco and they wont cover me for theft unless i get a cat 1 or 2 thatcham approved alarm
    however i have seen posts on this forum saying that tesco did not require immobiliser proof
    any thoughts about this inconsistency?did not
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

I'm with Tesco and they never mentioned an immobiliser, i live in London too so would have thought it would be more likely to be stolen?

Comment

same here, they never asked.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

I'm with Tesco and they definitely insisted on at least a Cat 2 immobiliser before offering cover. I even had to send in a copy of the install certificate with the proposal.

I'd check with them now as you don't want them refusing a claim if you have a crunch or someone nicks it.
        Mike G

Comment

I have CAT approved alarm & immobiliser but they have never requested proof
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Tesco had me send in my certificate - my surf has Cat 1 Alarm / immobiliser

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Tesco wanted copy of the install certificate off me. They covered me before they got it, but told me I would not be covered for theft till they saw it.

Comment

I think.....

I think....and set me alight if I'm wrong.....that it depends on whether or not you're an existing customer.

I got a quote as a new policy and needed an alarm / immobiliser but as an existing customer I didn't if I changed the vehicle on the policy.

Rob.

Comment

or it depends on where your surf lives, some areas are dodgier than others.
                  [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by stara
                    or it depends on where your surf lives, some areas are dodgier than others.
                    Blackpool's a right dodgey hole now..................too many !!!!ed-up tourists wrecking stuff.

Comment

when we first got our surf, I phoned tesco for a quote, got one and then a few days later I had to call them again only to be told that they don't insure surfs.

I later found out that it depends on who you talk to - now if a company like that can't get simple facts right about what they insure - all I can suggest is 1 - don't use them or 2 - keep trying until you get an answer you're happy with!
                      Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X