Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance savings!!!

Hi All
    just renewed with A F , £347 fully comp 2 drivers, inc policy fee (25), personal accident cover (15), breakdown cover (52) and because I mentioned the forum they waived the £25 policy issue fee.....How Bad???
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

I got them down to £220 last Nov(AF), & they still weren't the best. Went with sureterm for £205. Fluxy wanted a renewal of £277. Don't know why they bothered, they know the first thing I'm gonna say to them.
    Some costs are fixed, you have no choice but pay if you want to keep running a surf, but insurance is negotiable, which is one cost I always try to hammer down.
    www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

insurance

Hi do you have phone numbers to these insurance companies,at the moment im paying nearly £600 with LV,,many thanks Bill

Comment

Originally posted by godneb7 View Post
        Hi do you have phone numbers to these insurance companies,at the moment im paying nearly £600 with LV,,many thanks Bill
        http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adrian+flux

Comment

Hi Bill,

Try NFU mutal, I pay about £350 and thats with 6 points. They treat the Surf as an agricultural vehicle so its cheaper. They also come out top in Auto Express.

I couldnt get anyone to insure mine as its an import, the insurance companies that did wanted approx £700

Comment

insurance

Hi thanks very much ill try them,,regards Bill

Comment

Sureterm were the brokers 0800 999 2030 & they found me a company called Groupama.

All you can do is but try.
              www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

I have got a quote from Aviva and it has come in at over £50 cheaper than Adrian Flux.I get legal cover thrown in free and also i get a gaurenteed replacement vehicle equivelentto the surf till my truck is repaired if in an accident
                For fully comp,protected ncd is £364 which i am happy about.I am saving £15 a month by going to aviva and Natasha who i was dealing with was very thorough with explaining everything to do with the policy and she also wants to see pics of my truck as sh has never seen one
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by murph View Post
                  Sureterm were the brokers 0800 999 2030 & they found me a company called Groupama.

All you can do is but try.
                  Im with Sureterm. Have you had any problems with them? I keep getting renewal letters quoting one price and then they try to charge another. By the way, I cant remember but they need evidence of membership of the forum. What have you provided. Thanks

Comment

Whatever you do guys you HAVE TO MAKE SURE ALL MODS ARE COVERED OLD FOR NEW as most insurers want to know about the mods but they aren't covered so all you will get back is a price for a standard truck
                    Lifesure is one of these companies that want to know about them but they don't actually cover them so just be aware and ask when you apply for the insurance
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      I have got a quote from Aviva and it has come in at over £50 cheaper than Adrian Flux.I get legal cover thrown in free and also i get a gaurenteed replacement vehicle equivelentto the surf till my truck is repaired if in an accident
                      For fully comp,protected ncd is £364 which i am happy about.I am saving £15 a month by going to aviva and Natasha who i was dealing with was very thorough with explaining everything to do with the policy and she also wants to see pics of my truck as sh has never seen one
                      Aviva told me they didnt insure it because it was an automatic, they only have the manual.

Confusingly Adrian Flux got me a quote with .........Aviva

I must have got the trainee the day I phoned

Comment

Originally posted by robbie1958 View Post
                        Im with Sureterm. Have you had any problems with them? I keep getting renewal letters quoting one price and then they try to charge another. By the way, I cant remember but they need evidence of membership of the forum. What have you provided. Thanks
                        use a screen scraper site to get a cheaper quote & tell sureterm who they are & that your off if they don't honour their quotation price.

As for membership of this site, I didn't even think to mention it. Must remember that next time.

I was with sureterm in 2005 when some plank ran into the back of me at a set of red lights. The Surf got written off but I managed to get my full asking price back with a bit of hassle. Well, 'bluff', I call it, cos they all try it on.
                        The assessor said he couldn't see my car being worth that. I told him I could bring him to a couple of garages were they are for sale & that I could provide 2 national publications & 1 local publication that would back up my asking/replace price. They paid up'd.
                        www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X