Surf Imports - Bristol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Imports - Bristol?

Since I got my 2nd gen back in 05 there seems to be less places selling Surf imports.

I'm thinking about getting a newer model although mine just keeps going

Who is importing Surf's around Bristol these days?

Ta,
    Andrew
    Regards,
    Andrew
    G0RVM

Algy's ?
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

algys autos.
      get on their list.

and phone them up too - they are really helpful ont he phone.

basically.....

you give them an on the road price (say £6k) and a spec (say 1998 3 ltr ssr-g in blue, <100k km.

they send you a daily / weekly email list of all cars meeting your spec. If you want to bid (if its at auction) or buy from dealer, you then pay £350 fee (returnable if you don't end up buying) and they inspect the vehicle, send details and photos. You then say YES and they try and get it for UPTO your price or you say NO and they move on. Its £350 flat fee for as many vehicles as you 'look at'.

the £6.5k OTR + £350 is ALL you pay (or less) - the only fluctuation is on £/$/Yen rates so you might pay that +/- a few percent.

its an OTR price so they know it costs £2k to import (or whatever) so they know what they can spend ont he car for you.

It comes fully exported, with all docs, and imported with all fees paid, fully UK registered, fully UK cleared. MOT included (i think) but obviously any work for MOT is extra (I THINK). They can tax at cost, and do other options like underseal (remember Jap cars dot get grit/salt corrossion as they don't grit the roads, so SEAL IT for UK use!!!)

I didn't end up using them because the week I applied was a Jap holiday week and I ended up finding what I wanted on the good ole' E-Bay.

Anyhow, web site is:

http://www.algysautos.com/

its terrible web site, and they dont sell cars from stock, but DO give them a ring - numbers on the site.

NO, I am not affiliated in any way with them.

ANDY
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info.

Sounds like Algys is worth investigating then...
        Regards,
        Andrew
        G0RVM

Comment

Andy.
          You got that Surf from Dumfries and Ive been watching for your post on how it was when you got it. Have I missed your post? I've put a deposit on one.
          Jeffo

Comment

Working...
          X