Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust protection

Folks,

My 95 Surf was fresh from Japan, and looks a bit light on underneath protection - d'you think it's a good idea to get it sorted? I'd DIY it with Dinitrol or poss Waxoyl.

Is there any particular bits want attention? I'm thinking the bumpers could do with a coat on the insides. Is it worth doing the insides of the doors or other panels or do they last ok.

Cheers.

Rust Protection

Hi, i certainly would coat the underside of the body and chasis using a quality protective coating you've already mentioned two good products.Waxoil is available with a sprayer which is exelent in getting to those hard to reach places and certainly do inside the door pannels, you may have to pull the polythene away from the pannel once you have removed the door cards to get the sprayer inside its easily done!But you will be protecting the metal from damaging road salts and moisture which will encourage corrosion!
    Barron.

Comment

How much is enough Waxoyl (with the sprayer) to do the underside of a Surf?

Comment

me personally i would give 3 good coats
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers, i meant how much money though!

Comment

3-4 5lt cans under and inside the chassi, it aint cheap either, or as some did old engine oil, just mask off rubbers etc, or coat em in silicon grease

i got through about 5lt red oxide, 15lt of chassi paint, (beige and some alloy oxide mixed in, and 6-7 lt of red hammerite, the paint on my truck's worth more than the truck
            Last edited by POPEYE; 6 May 2010, 19:19.
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              3-4 5lt cans under and inside the chassi, it aint cheap either, or as some did old engine oil, just mask off rubbers etc, or coat em in silicon grease

i got through about 5lt red oxide, 15lt of chassi paint, (beige and some alloy oxide mixed in, and 6-7 lt of red hammerite, the paint on my truck's worth more than the truck

Just think how quick your truck would be without the ton of paint on it!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Just think how quick your truck would be without the ton of paint on it!
                And all the bars, lights and other junk!! it'd be positavly ummmm normal?
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

If ever your truck goes tits up and you break it for spares, i'll take the paint...

Comment

Thanks all, I'll get it done. Crikey Popeye that should survive a dunk in the North sea! Must admit removing trim makes me nervous, placcy bits always seem to go brittle & break on me.. not checked out the Surf yet though.

Comment

Working...
                    X