Steel wheels or alloys??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel wheels or alloys??

Which wheels do all u guys prefer?? I like the look of a nice , basic set of steel wheels like the ones u can pick up from Roughtrax.... I think these look bolder & make the truck look more like a 'proper' off- roader than having 'flash' alloys on ure surf... More of a 'business' truck!! Lol! Just asking cos I saw a fella a couple of days back in a Surf with big shiny alloys on it & standard road tires & it spoilt the whole look of the truck & made it look more like a 'boy racer' mobile than a proper off road truck!!!

I've gone from original narrow body chrome steel wheels to Mitsubishi Pajero wheels powder coated white, I think they look mustard!
    I did try some black steels with mud terrains on last week and although I'm sure it's a more capable off roader I think I'm gonna stick with my alloys and just change my tyres.

But at least I'v tried both types (steel twice!)

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I just like the rough edge a set of steel wheels has- makes the truck look like a proper business machine!! If u start going to flash with the alloys it starts 2 look like one of those Range Rover sports with low- profiles on!!! All for show!!

Comment

As long as they are round and shiny, I can accept either

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Alloys are a 3rd of the weight of steels, increased power, handling, ride, and MPG from alloy wheels, the only reason I have steels on the 4Runner is I couldn't afford 15x12" alloys.

Have 15x10" M/T classic II's on the Surf, Do these look like 'Flash poser alloys with low profile tyres' to you? I don't think so! and i can change a puncture without sitting in the mud struggling with a heavy steel wheel.
          Attached Files
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

afternoon all

I like the style of the standard toyota alloys on my 3rd gen but they were a bit too shiny for me so I painted mine gloss black.

With the Insa Sahara's on I think she look the dog's

just my 2p worth

ta

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
              afternoon all

I like the style of the standard toyota alloys on my 3rd gen but they were a bit too shiny for me so I painted mine gloss black.

With the Insa Sahara's on I think she look the dog's

just my 2p worth

ta

hawaii
              Looking for ideas...any pics of them?

Ta in advance!

Rob
              The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                Alloys are a 3rd of the weight of steels, increased power, handling, ride, and MPG from alloy wheels, the only reason I have steels on the 4Runner is I couldn't afford 15x12" alloys.

Have 15x10" M/T classic II's on the Surf, Do these look like 'Flash poser alloys with low profile tyres' to you? I don't think so! and i can change a puncture without sitting in the mud struggling with a heavy steel wheel.
                gayboy!

Steels show you're a REAL man - and anyway, the weight difference between a 15x12 steel and a 15x12 alloy is lost in the noise compared to the weight of a 33 x 15 tyre!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I reckon the BUNDUBASHER wheels look best. I'd like some but can't find them...
                  Attached Files

Comment

What is it with you lot and shiney things? likeing bling dont make you a bad person (said with a lisp) i like shiney and colourful and i cry at sad movies and when someone rips me off, there i said it!!! i dont care
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

depends really if im doing a lot of offroading then a nice set of black 15 x 10 steel modulars basically for the strength,but if im in street queen mode then its gotta be a set of nice shiny allys.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Alloys, the Surf comes with alloys as standard, not street queen mode, just decent looking alloys. Unless you're talking about those 20" bling wheels with spinners, low profile tyres, and all that cr@p.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Regarding alloys are you talking these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_EEgqzPpw

Or these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMI8Rww0Bco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM_Eg...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU5oRezaYT0

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

LOL I'd rather be in a jarhead truck than the pimpin' one in the first vid

Nice vids

peace
                            cal
                            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Black steel modulars, super strong for going in the mud, 15x10 with 33 mt's
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                              X