good deed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good deed

went for a spin today to shake off some excess mud any excuse to drive a lane or 2.
    anyway going up a hill i came to a corner and found a caravan stuck in a hedge and blocking the road was a 1964 volvo, the volvo had failed to tow the van up the hill and had rolled back.2 guys were franticly trying to get the road clear when i pulled up offered a hand. 30 seconds and van was attached and mobile, (the volvo struggled under its own steam to get up the hills) towed them to a campsite that was about 4 miles up in the hills. lord knows how they expected the old volvo to make it
    they had been at the Llandudno victorian extravganza weekend showing off there old volvo !!!
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

tiz nice to do a good deed
    ya drive off all chuffed with ya self dont ya

i towed a van out of a 3ft deep puddle and then a few miles to his works
    a bit back now
    god knows what he was doing in the puddle before i turned up
    but he shatted the rods through the side of his gaffers van engine
    his gaffer was boiling up has soon has i drove off bet he got it in the neck when i had fully gone
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Nice one John, where some loverly old classics in Llandudno this weekend, can't imagine that gettting a caravan up a hill either though.
      peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

My truck always has a tool box with straps and towing bar, jump leads and other bits and pieces in it because I'm always pulling people out of harms way (broken down directly oppoeite a busy junstion or something) or out of hedge, especially in the winter. I've also helped a number of elderly people with changing wheels etc. so there's a multi-head wheel brace in there too!

One of the worst ones was on a bypass and when this old lady got a flat tyre and in the cold, dark night she stopped where she was and then turned all the lights off!! Lucky I was having a 'main beam + 6 spot lights' moment otherwise it could have been a different story! She wasn't in the best of health and could barley lift the jack and certainly couldn't bend down to use it so I moved the vehicles (and turned her lights on), sat her in my truck with the heaters on, changed her tyre and sorted everything out and then sent her on her way.

A few days later she noticed my truck parked up (it very distinct!) and came to my house to thank me again.

It's nice to be useful occasionally!!

Thanks,

Ray.
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

[quote=mud skipper;634125] campsite that was about 4 miles up in the hills. lord knows how they expected the old Volvo to make it
          quote]
          And on the way down the engine won't hold it and the brakes will fail......

hope they survive...
          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
          X