Newbie Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the warm welcome all!

Apache i see you make stickers, are they printed stickers mate (as i might want some done)?

Also I am from Redditch guys!

Comment

FAO: legendgamesmaster

Sounds interesting, you got pictures and prices mate? I am only from Redditch so not to far.

chris4489@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
        hi and welcome to the nuthouse
        step one get rid of the Pewgo step 2 dont buy a 2.4 get a 3.0 step 3 get the spanners out dust of the wallet and get dirty but be warned it's addictive.
        also for parts you might want to speak to stormforce he breaks surfs and not just for a living he does it for fun too!
        Cheers mate, Im thinking of keeping the Peugeot for the Family car as I have got a little boy, but I want a toy =D

Comment

Originally posted by Chris4489 View Post
          Thank you for the warm welcome all!

Apache i see you make stickers, are they printed stickers mate (as i might want some done)?

Also I am from Redditch guys!
          They're cut vinyl. Better long term for vehicles as they last longer (typically 5 years) than printed ones which can start fading within 3 months.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Welcome Chris . I'm not from anywhere near Worcester.

Short answer is buy whatever suits your budget. 2.4s are a little cheaper to buy than 3.0s but correspondingly slower. Neither is fast. The 2.4s have a reputation for cracking heads, but the 3.0s are beginning to go too now. Most of these things are 15 odd years old, so the reputation is more of a testament to how long everything else on them lasts. A 2.4 with a known cracked head and a few quid on getting a new one from Stevo can work out very economical.

Personally, I'd only buy one from a forum member (so you can check up on the history) and I would most certainly advise skipping any 'fresh' imports you might find on ebay. Remember that these are essentially Japanese bangers and they normally need at least one patient and rich owner in this country before they start functioning properly.

Comment

Welcome! And oh!! I'm not to far from redditch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                Welcome! And oh!! I'm not to far from redditch!!!
                Hi Mate, Ace, Your Hilux is looking nice mate. And yeh Sutton COldfield aint to far.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  They're cut vinyl. Better long term for vehicles as they last longer (typically 5 years) than printed ones which can start fading within 3 months.
                  Thats cool mate, and I never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                    Welcome Chris . I'm not from anywhere near Worcester.

Short answer is buy whatever suits your budget. 2.4s are a little cheaper to buy than 3.0s but correspondingly slower. Neither is fast. The 2.4s have a reputation for cracking heads, but the 3.0s are beginning to go too now. Most of these things are 15 odd years old, so the reputation is more of a testament to how long everything else on them lasts. A 2.4 with a known cracked head and a few quid on getting a new one from Stevo can work out very economical.

Personally, I'd only buy one from a forum member (so you can check up on the history) and I would most certainly advise skipping any 'fresh' imports you might find on ebay. Remember that these are essentially Japanese bangers and they normally need at least one patient and rich owner in this country before they start functioning properly.
                    Thank you, I will certainly take your advice =-D

Comment

Thats cool mate, and I never knew that.
                      Well, if you want something, give me a shout.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cheers mate, Im thinking of keeping the Peugeot for the Family car as I have got a little boy, but I want a toy =D
                        I Bet he will head for the truck every time
                        I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X