black smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black smoke?

hello peeps .is there a really a cure for the dreaded black smoke syndrome?.when i first bought a surf i payed a dodgy geezer on ebay for a black smoke syndrome kit which turned out to be just a ball bearing that you popped into one of the pipes.what can i do to cure the problem on my recent surf.is it really a problem at m.o.t time.would like to sort it out even though it is really funny when i pass cyclists and put the boot down and pretend to be james bond.

is your air filter clean and clear ?
    injector cleaner may help the stuff ya pop in ya tank

i had a cracked pipe some were cant rember with one it was
    but that made mine smoke like a t@at it was sucking air in any how
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I can't find the appropriate post at the moment with the photo but all you need to do is remove the rubber vacuum pipe at the top of the EGR valve assembly, cable tie it shut so that it doesn't operate the valve (assuming that it isn't stuck open and "working" all the time).

This might be useful:

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/egr.htm

I've just bought a couple of pieces of 5mm thick steel plate so I can dispense with the EGR pipe completely and free up a smidge of space in the engine bay in case it proves to be useful...

Comment

i never done my EGR
        no smoke too
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

cheers

sending her for a service next week guys then i will do as you suggested with egr .

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
            I can't find the appropriate post at the moment with the photo but all you need to do is remove the rubber vacuum pipe at the top of the EGR valve assembly, cable tie it shut so that it doesn't operate the valve (assuming that it isn't stuck open and "working" all the time).

This might be useful:

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/egr.htm

I've just bought a couple of pieces of 5mm thick steel plate so I can dispense with the EGR pipe completely and free up a smidge of space in the engine bay in case it proves to be useful...
            Thats what the ball bearing does that he got off ebay, it blocks the egr vacuum pipe.

I agree the next option is block the egr pipe with a metal plate.
            If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Working...
            X