Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe For Another 100,000 Kms .....

........ belt wise anyways!

Just had new timing belt, idler bearing, tensioner and all auxiliary belts fitted prior to my trip to Scotland next weekend. It's a great feeling knowing that a very important part of the truck has been fitted.

Had it done at 92,140 km just to be on the safe side. Can someone remind me how to reset the timing belt warning which I assume would come on at around 100,000 km?

The last picture shows the old parts, which actually look pretty good. But better safe than sorry eh?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Hi Scorpion,

Changed all my belts a month ago, feels great, innit?
    another 100,000 km wi no worriiz motoring.

Gman.

Believe that, and you'l believe anything wiv a surf.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Take the wee bung out of the hole in the dash and stick a cocktail stick through it to re-set the wee button thing you'll see if you look closely.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cheers Andy.

Comment

dont wanna put a downer on you but i done all my fluids and filters + cambelt2 weeks ago for my trip to scotland towing a 5.1m caravan and she ran great untill 50 mile from home when she cracked up under the pressure 900 miles round trip then needle shot up so fast and then lots of steam n engine warn light. Sure ive cracked the head will investigate the weekend, she is still driving but plenty of white smoke and lumpy starting oh and then the seals went on me injector pump 900miles on 200 lts of veg with a hho gen fitted thought it was goin too well
          good luck i really enjoyed myself uptill mishap ps does any1 out there wanna get shut of a spare head ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by wald View Post
            dont wanna put a downer on you but i done all my fluids and filters + cambelt2 weeks ago for my trip to scotland towing a 5.1m caravan and she ran great untill 50 mile from home when she cracked up under the pressure 900 miles round trip then needle shot up so fast and then lots of steam n engine warn light. Sure ive cracked the head will investigate the weekend, she is still driving but plenty of white smoke and lumpy starting oh and then the seals went on me injector pump 900miles on 200 lts of veg with a hho gen fitted thought it was goin too well
            good luck i really enjoyed myself uptill mishap ps does any1 out there wanna get shut of a spare head ha ha
            Now that is just sods law mate, hope its not too painful on the old wallet..
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by wald View Post
              Really sorry to hear about your bad luck but hopefully I have two things in my favour mate.

1 - I won't be towing a caravan (ever) and 2 -my truck is a 3.0 ltr!

I can't say it'll never happen but it's less likely. I also had all my filters and fluids changed last August for the Skye trip and the truck has never missed a beat.

Good luck in finding a replacement head, I hope you're back on the road soon.

Comment

think ill fix and save for a 3lt will find out bad news 2day or tomorrow will let all know how i get on cheers

Comment

Working...
                X