No announcement yet.

New Owner, Black '94 import, big pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner, Black '94 import, big pics!

Hi There

Just wanted to say Hi - I came here about 2 months ago when I bought my hilux, to get some advice about what to look for and so on. So it's been a while but I got the chance to clean her today (was muddy up til now) and so I took a few pics.

I've gone for the 'classic' lines of a '94 import. 2 previous owners with 100k miles on the clock. Very well cared for - still has the original thick toyota 'hilux' mats in it in stock condition! Stock except for a K&N air filter and uprated fuel pump I think....Nice pioneer headunit but crappy speakers cut and shut into the dash.

Everything works, including the air con and rear window.

She's a workhorse - a car not to care about the dents and marks and lug IT equipment around in. Not much off-roading for her in the near future but maybe some day.

cheers!

very nice truck.Both my previous 2nd gens were black and now my 3rd gen.
    Hope your truck works as hard as mine did over the last 3 years.Total abuse off road and a good few thousand miles of towing upto 3.5t at a time until the engine blew just over a week ago and then bought a nice 3rd gen in black
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I heard the saying once 'once you go black you never go back'. Although my last car was grey, so it doesn't really work.

As it happens someone wrote my dad's Shogun Sport off 2 weeks ago and he asked me which 4wd to buy. I showed him some Hiluxes and we went and bought one last week (3rd gen).

Here's the pair together:

Comment

Nice clean truck. Get those side steps off for instant lift....

Comment

welcome dude
          nice surf
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
            Nice clean truck. Get those side steps off for instant lift....

Oh yes, see previous posts from meh for that one.

Really nice truck it's only a matter of time before you will get it muddy though, and once you do, you never go back.

ello and welcome btw

peace
            cal
            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, looks nice. Might want to replace your rear springs soon if you're gonna lug lots of kit around. Early signs of saggy ar$e there.

Uprated fuel pump??? You not satisfied with the amount of fuel it already drinks?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

welcome how long before you get some mud on it sort out the start of that saggie ares she has got it
                S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

the saggy ar$e matches it's owner so that doesn't bother me. I will 'do' the springs at some point but if anything I'd want it lower than factory standard to make it better on the open road - do such a thing exist?

Comment

Ey, Chiko.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

One of the nicest 2nd gens I have seen in a while.
                      Lovely truck mate.
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                        Ey, Chiko.

That's just so wrong

lol

well each to his own, but it makes it look like a volvo 740

peace
                        cal
                        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Yoshie.

I looked at that pic and didn't even notice it was a hilux until the second time I looked at it.

Maybe not *that* low.

Just normal 4x4 springs but a bit maybe more stiff. I live in a town with lots of roundabouts. No prizes for guessing which town that could be.

Comment

I do like black Surfs however I'm in the middle of changing to a blue one. Be sad to see my Black one go.
                            Attached Files
                            If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Working...
                            X