Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery/electric fan ? - New member

Hi everyone,
    My first post as a new memeber & new surf owner aswell ! could someone please briefly explain 2 things to me please. Firstly of the two batteries under bonnet as your looking in ,which one does exactly what as regards power supply ? secondly my surf has an electric fan fitted over & above the standard belt driven one. Is this normally the case or is this a special fitment for use in hotter climates ? ....Ilook forward to joining in with you all now on a regular basis. Mine,s a gen 2 model 2.4 diesel auto 94 L reg. look forward to your replies....cymro

hi and welcome
    batteries do the same and the extra fan is the air con fan mounted in front on earlier Surf and underneath on later ones.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

The two batteries are connected in series which gives more amps for starting. Both batteries being connected this way is still 12V. The air con condenser is in front of radiator and the fan is for this.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
        The two batteries are connected in series which gives more amps for starting. Both batteries being connected this way is still 12V. The air con condenser is in front of radiator and the fan is for this.

Nev
        The batteries are wired in parallel, if they were in series you wuld get 24V and smoke!
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Hi and welcome
          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
            The batteries are wired in parallel, if they were in series you wuld get 24V and smoke!
            Correct. Forgive me, I am getting old.

Nev

Comment

On the 2.4 the air-con fans are located under the sump and above the bash plate.
              The electric fan I think you mean is the backup fan incase the engine begins to over heat? Could you take a picture?
              Hi and welcome!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

welcome dude

the fan that they come fitted with
                are under here

if you have owt different than giz a pic
                lets have a look
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Not all 2.4s have the underslung air con. Only autos of a certain period have this.

Nev

Comment

Thanks I didn't know
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                      hi and welcome
                      batteries do the same and the extra fan is the air con fan mounted in front on earlier Surf and underneath on later ones.
                      The ones with underslung aircon still have a leccy fan in front of the main rad.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
                      X