Do you see the motorbike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you see the motorbike

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she
    pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle. The riders reaction time was not sufficient
    enough to avoid this accident.

The car had two passengers; and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.
    Attached Files

Back in the day Baby

Bikes are hell, but fun.

I'd assume you're posting this as a warning to car drivers on the phone, and people should look better and concentrate when driving, but it also should be a warnign to bikers, if biker had been doing 70mph he would have have had 127 extra feet, per second before impact, to avoid collision.

Was it on a corner? Was it wet/at night/etc....lots of other factors to take into account rather than one dramatic pic.

Even in a car/truck I back off when there is a turning ahead, cos I know what people are like for not paying attention.

I still will have a bike one day though.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Posting as a reminder to "never lose concentration when driving"

Be it phones, or tiredness / excess speed or what ever, ....all three were killed and all three had families and i'm sure were decent people.
      It was a very unfortunate accident and its used by police to get their message across

Back in the day Baby

Comment

That pic brings back a memory, a lad i knew died in the same way, he was comeing back from Bishops Waltham comeing down the long straight to the redhill filling station as a car pulled out, killed my mate, the car driver and his son who was a passenger, they said he was doing around 100 mph at the point of impact, Triumph Bonniville, what a mess, only a week before the same lad took my bike home for me when i came off, i was in the ambulance,
        lost a couple of mates in bike accidents, and nearly me once
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

When I lived in north wales, someone I used to work with took his CBR600 out for one last blast the evening the new owner was coming to pick it up. Interflora van turned across nat speed limit road across him. He hit it, went OVER it, bounced off a dry stone wall and woke up (luckily enough!) in hospital, where he remained for 3 months while they screwed him back together.

Needless to say, the new owner of the CBR didn't take the bike!

Saw the aftermath of many bike accidents, usually on sunny Sundays while I lived there. One, a chap had gone down the long straight heading inland past Tremadoc (a biker paradise) and didn't make the left hander at the end for whatever reason. He hit the dry stone wall on the outside damn hard because his body was recovered something like 100 yards into the field.

Bikes... love em but they scare the crap out of me!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

When I worked at Damerells Motorcycles in Cornwall a few years ago I met a guy who used to work there before I started; he was knocked off by a woman who didn't stop until she drove over 20 miles home and then only phoned the police and reported it as she had the lower half of his leg still wedged in the grill of her car!

That's grim!

It doesn't stop people though, at the very same company a colleague and friend of his regularly hit 170 to 180MPH on his way to and from work (it's a modified GSX-R 1000 K6).

The same problem occured again not long afterwards; my brother in law is permanently brain damaged (and has been for the last 5 years). His friend died in a car accident only 2 months before he had his, he was just driving like a nutter and now he's got the same reactions and interactions as a 6 month old.

People need to learn!

Don't think I'm for or against either though, I have both a modified truck and a CBR400RRJ, I just don't drive like a moron and I try to look out, well in advance, for those that do!

Thanks,

Ray.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I've had eye contact with drivers before they pulled out in front of me.

I've also kicked one of them new mini things as the driver pulled out to overtake someone while I was overtaking him. Titanium toesliders make a fair mess of paintwork.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

ouch! I lost my dad in a bike accident, kinda put me off them! He was like "mr sensible" from the Ogri cartoons as well, used to wear a High-Vis Sea Survial Jacket on ths bike!

But you've got to pay attention, I almost got into a head on colision with a van a week ago!! The very same day I'd fitted my shiny new bumper as well!!

Comment

I stopped riding bikes 4 years ago after a deer pulled out in front of me, luckily only one of us died.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Oh dear!
                    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                      Oh dear!
                      Thats what I said. A year to build and smashed within 4 miles. 200 000miles as a dispatch rider not a scratch. Pop down the post office to tax your new streetfighter and Oh deer on the way back.
                      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Nice looking bike.
                        Brian

Comment

This similar thing happened in the City a year or so ago. Biker was apparently wheelying through a juntion that was green for him. Another car ran a red and he slammed into the side turning the car over onto its side.

F=ma
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                            This similar thing happened in the City a year or so ago. Biker was apparently wheelying through a juntion that was green for him. Another car ran a red and he slammed into the side turning the car over onto its side.

F=ma
                            I never believe biker tales that have the word apparently in them. It means the teller is relying on, at best, secondhand information.

what does F=ma mean?
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by cabbage View Post
                              ouch! I lost my dad in a bike accident, kinda put me off them! He was like "mr sensible" from the Ogri cartoons as well, used to wear a High-Vis Sea Survial Jacket on ths bike!
                              Know what you mean, My Dad survived, but only after months in hospital, and only made it to hospital after a nurse was following him, and spotted he'd swallowed his tongue in the accident.

He was Mr Sensible, on a huge fully loaded Gold Wing. Was overtaking a tractor, with it turned right into a field. His bike ripped the front axle off the tractor.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X