Any photography experts explain this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any photography experts explain this?

This was taken last night at a cruise in Peterborough. It was taken with a mobile phone. It is a pic of my mate Luke's Hilux. Thats all I know.
    Last edited by Phantom; 26 April 2010, 22:40.
    monstercreations.org.uk

yep
    that girls got an angel at the side of her
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Your mate has, erm, interesting (cross) dress sense!
      Last edited by Rustinho; 26 April 2010, 22:57.

Comment

I'd love to see a better quality version ..any chance of pm it to me

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
          I'd love to see a better quality version ..any chance of pm it to me
          I have not got a better one sorry. We got a call from the guy who took it, we asked him to send it to my phone but he had no credit so he put it on facebook. I took it from there.
          Steve.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

tiz a hooded lady apeers all through history
            iam not joking when i said an angel
            some one put in it there or ya have a very wierd pic dude

i thik its false mysen

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              tiz a hooded lady apeers all through history
              iam not joking when i said an angel
              some one put in it there or ya have a very wierd pic dude

i thik its false mysen
              Believe me George the guy that took that pic does not have the sense to fake a pic like that. I am not saying its not fake though I really don't have a clue.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

It'll just be ghosting of the image - ie where the image capture is slower than the CCD's ability to capture the light. The camera exposes for a longer period of time and the slightest movement of the camera while shooting (particularly on a poorly set up mobile phone camera with a poor lens, etc) will cause stuff like this to happen.

The human eye does the rest. You want to see an angel cos the brain wants to make sense of images that it sees.

I did a really interesting practical about this sort of thing in a human biology module at university just over a year or so ago. I'll try & dig it out if I remember (or more to the point actually find it - I've moved house since then!)

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                  Believe me George the guy that took that pic does not have the sense to fake a pic like that. I am not saying its not fake though I really don't have a clue.
                  if its not fake
                  then its the best photo i seen of her (the ghost) before any one says owt
                  i do study such things

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                    It'll just be ghosting of the image - ie where the image capture is slower than the CCD's ability to capture the light. The camera exposes for a longer period of time and the slightest movement of the camera while shooting (particularly on a poorly set up mobile phone camera with a poor lens, etc) will cause stuff like this to happen.

The human eye does the rest. You want to see an angel cos the brain wants to make sense of images that it sees.

I did a really interesting practical about this sort of thing in a human biology module at university just over a year or so ago. I'll try & dig it out if I remember (or more to the point actually find it - I've moved house since then!)
                    Thanks very much thats the answer I was looking for
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

#### me she has a date with death if you ask me hope she got home ok lol
                      S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post

in the picture the darkend lady in the hood i have seen before
                        just not in this photo
                        i have seen it before just but else were thats what makes me think fake nowt else
                        when you get a good pic of this
                        it will have full face feachers in it and a lady with long hair that looks like a hooded top
                        i know that coz i have seen her in that stance before just not in this picture

Comment

Enhanced

Hmmm Phantom see if you can get a better quality version mate...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Vultch; 26 April 2010, 23:37.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                            Thanks very much thats the answer I was looking for
                            I just had a bit of a play with the image on a photo editor and the shape of the "angel" is a perfect fit over the girl on the left's head/shoulder/torso and the girl on the right's left leg.

You may also notice a much more feint pixelated image to the right of the "angel" that matches the shape of the girl on the right.

Not exactly definitive proof of the camera shake/etc that I was describing but...

Comment

I tried the same..I can't see it the girl on the left is taller than the top of the shadow also ..should the entire image not show some signs of ghosting a gradual fall off the bright spots street lights seem fairly focused given the camera etc

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                              X