My Surf has now gone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Surf has now gone....

My Toyota Hilux Surf went today..... back to Bob “Hilux” who originally imported it in 2005.

I owned it from October 2006, so 3 ½ years. All it needed was the head gaskets replacing (Feb 2007) and the starter motor refurbishing..... other than that it never needed anything doing, unlike the Land Rovers I owned previously ( I had to fix something or other virtually every week).

All in all it was a good truck
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

So, have you got yourself a L/C then ?

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Home Again.

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
      So, have you got yourself a L/C then ?

Bogus
      NO not quite I will let Paul tell you what he bought, when he explained why I understood his logic.

Regards Hilux Bob
      Live Life To The Full

Comment

At least its gone to a good home Paul.
        Glad you were able to take it Bob and saved me a long trip again to colect it
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ok, I guess it is time for my banishment from the Hilux Surf forum

I have spent about 6 months reading reviews and studying forums and had drawn up a short-list of 4x4’x that I was interested in. Toyota LC’s, Nissan Patrols and a certain “other” make. (it seems that all of the models I was interested in had some known major problem or other).

I did not want to go for an 80 Series as they are all getting on a bit and I didn’t want something with 100,000 + miles. The 100 Series was just a bit too big and they are prone to suspension problems.

I looked at several 120 series at both main and independent dealers but I thought 18-20K was a lot of money considering the condition (underneath) of one and the others had high miles.

Searched around for a Nissan Patrol but they are very scarce..

I began thinking “do I really want to spend up to 20K cash on a truck? The answer was no! The money is what I have saved up over the last 2 years so it was real money “hard cash” not a figure on a bank statement.

So that lead me to buying my first ever DIESEL engine 4x4......
          Deep breath

A 2004, 49,000 mile.....

Shiny black, Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD Limited, special version with extras such as built in Sat Nav.

It is fully loaded as the Americans say... but this Jeep is built in Austria and has the Mercedes 2.7 turbo diesel engine and gearbox so is better than some of the other engine options...... after the 16 mpg of the old Surf I am now getting an incredible 35+ (actually near 40 mpg driving it gently).

The ride is certainly softer than the Toyota but I plan to fit uprated suspension and all terrain tyres.

I paid 8K for this one privately but it is in exceptional condition compared to others I looked at..... and I think the price of 4x4’s has risen recently from searching Auto trader etc.

Anyhow, I am happy with the Jeep even if no one here will like it.

I’d like to say a big “thank you” to everyone on this forum that I have got to know over the last 3 1’2 years... you are a great bunch of guys & girls
          Regards, Paul
          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Wow, I'd be nursing a semi if that was mine.

Nice Jeep.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

One of the guys on SMC has one. He did a cheapie lift and fitted muds and arb disconnects. It was a stunning motor. On the road it was awesome too. I believe the older versions, suffered from head failures too ( the diesel variant). These ones are nice. And like you say "fully loaded". I'd have one...except my next ones a ....petrol.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I like them.

You do get a lot of truck for your money.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                X