Help needed removing door cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed removing door cards

Hello again to all, I'm trying to carefully remove the door cards on my Surf so that I can give them a good clean and also fit a Remote Keyless Entry System. I've popped all the clips and undone all the screws, but the door release handle seems to holding on for dear life! Anyone out there know how to get the cards out without damaging them? Also, there is a plastic cover on the inside of the door mirror, anyone know how that's fixed in place?
    Any advice will be gratefully received - as always!

Shep,

Hi,
    Just had one of mine off at the weekend trying to fix a dodgy window...didn't work and couldn't figure out how to get to the motor lol!

Ok door cards......
    The handle will come off (stays attached by a cable mind)..............Undo screw in centre then you have to slide the whole thing towards the front of the car kind of like the way you do to get the sidelights off to change the bulbs (i had to give mine a bit of encouragement), not sure about the mirror but behind the door card there is a plastic sheet/ cover its just glued on around the door frame and pulls off to get at the mechanism.
    Last edited by wiggy; 23 April 2010, 11:56.
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

The handle / latch piece needs to be slid as there are hooks on the back which hold it to the metal of the door.

If you find how to remove the plastic around the mirror post back! I'm interested in that
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The mirror cover just pulls off.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cheers Guys, I'll let you all know how I get on at the weekend. I'm looking forward to getting the remote keyless Entry system up and running.

Shep,

Comment

Working...
          X